Fish,,,,,,, it's whats for supper.

Neil Schrieber said:
Looks good save me some .... neil

Neil,

I have a batch in a Tupperware container right now. You can have it, as long as you get here at my place of employment, before lunch today. [cool]

tod osier said:
big pan or little fish?

36 inch northern chunked up into serving size pieces. Although you have inspired me to take all my fish pictures with the fish laying next to an 18 inch ice fishing rod instead of my 7 foot rod. [whistle]

Jeesh, you guys are killing me with all these fish pictures!!!

Dave, do you use the "new" filleting technique to cut around all the Y bones? I found it on YouTube last year, sure wish I knew that trick growing up ice fishin in PA!

Carl said:
Jeesh, you guys are killing me with all these fish pictures!!!

Dave, do you use the "new" filleting technique to cut around all the Y bones? I found it on YouTube last year, sure wish I knew that trick growing up ice fishin in PA!

I remove the Y bones. I wouldn't call the cutting method I use "new", been doing this way for years. I first fillet the fish into two fillets, as a lot of transportation laws don't allow more than two pieces per fish when transporting. Once home, I remove the skin and the bones from the two fillets. Then trim to pan size pieces.

Carl,

I've seen the video but have not used that method. If one is close to home and going to transport the entire fish home whole, I could see it as an option. Otherwise, reducing the carcass to five pieces usually is not allowed as the DNR rules usually count two pieces as one fish when checking limits. (two fillets per bag when frozen, may be more per bag if unfrozen but two fillets count as one fish)

TimJ said:
Mmmm..... Pike. My second favorite fish to eat.

Crappies are #1
Caught this evening, not supper yet...but soon.

Fishing up near Pickerel by chance?

Last weekend out fishing I caught 4 turtles. No pic's of them frying in a pan or anything.

Mark

Mark W said:
TimJ said:
Mmmm..... Pike. My second favorite fish to eat.

Crappies are #1
Caught this evening, not supper yet...but soon.

Fishing up near Pickerel by chance?

Last weekend out fishing I caught 4 turtles. No pic's of them frying in a pan or anything.

Mark

I've fished at Pickerel but not recently. Way south of there. So far south I can see Iowa.

Tim

Mark, Paul Prudhomme has an excellent snapping turtle soup recipe. Best turtle soup recipe I have tried. Trapped turtles steady for seven years, still take one or two a season.;

Back