The Duck Boat Comapny news- Classic hull blinds and storage covers

RLLigman

I had the opportunity to speak with Tom Olsen, owner of The Duck Boat Company, yesterday. He is picking-up Dean Clark's storage cover and blind panels in Duxbury, Ma. With these in-hand, they will be making a mold of the Classic 17's storage cover using 3/4" Coremat as the panel reinforcement, rather than the PVC pipe pieces ripped lengthwise and latticed into the covers with CSM layers that the old storage covers employed. So, there will be a mold to not only enable TDB-17' Classic owners to replace lost or damaged storage covers, but the replacements will be lighter and have better torsional rigidity.

The second bit of news is that Tom and Nate will be using Dean Clark's blind panels to make patterns for a full replacement blind for the Classic 17' hulls via their seamstress crew. Panel replacement will be available as well since they will be making a point of copying the buckle placement on the original blind panels as well.

The new blind frames employ a thicker walled pipe on the cross-brace runs on the17' Sea Class boats, which are now available in open water gray scale camo patterns, boat, cover and blind. All hull panels are manufactured using injection molding using vacuum bagging to standardize cloth:resin ratios and maintain quality control.

I just found out that the Sea Class 21' is about to be back in production! Olsen Marine will begin production in February. Other than the hull and deck molds, nearly all of the internal panels are custom formed off templates, allowing a myriad of customization options for an owner to have incorporated into their boat.

RLLigman said:
I just found out that the Sea Class 21' is about to be back in production! Olsen Marine will begin production in February. Other than the hull and deck molds, nearly all of the internal panels are custom formed off templates, allowing a myriad of customization options for an owner to have incorporated into their boat.

That excites me. Wonder what the pricing is and does anyone know if they give tours?

They are offering package pricing for the first four boats, which includes a motor and trailer at cost. They may have four TDB-21' pre-orders already;.two already when I posted this information initially. The TDB website now lists a boat/blind price for the TDB-21'.

Other than some potential issues via their liability coverage wording...I doubt whether they would mind you stopping by to view their production process. Also, I'm quite sure they are savvy enough business folks to also post sequential production photos on the TDB facebook site as the hull, deck and internal components of the TDB-21' enter into initial production.

Tom Olsen, owner of the The Duck Boat Company just informed me that all of their blinds, both for new boats and replacement panels in Tan 499 w/matching webbing straps and buckles, will be made with Mil-Spec Barry Compliant(made in USA under Berry Ammendment criteria) Cordura 1000D. This is a heavier, tighter weave Cordura 1000D with three passes of urethane sprayed on the inboard side for waterproofing.

Back