Herter's Decoys

Capt J. Stieben

Some opportunities have arose and I need to make some room in the garage:

Herter's Bodies:

18 Size 72 Puddler Bodies Flat Bottoms $6/each

16 Size 63 Puddlers Keeled $7/each

Heads ( Have Hundreds of all sizes)

72 puddler heads (new old stock) $5/each
72 divers used $6/each (painted as bills, redheads, etc.)

All bodies are in a condition that can be painted, burlapped. restle coated etc. Heads have not pellet holes or broken stem. Shipping is extra will work with you on best rates.

Also have about 4-5 dozen foam Clinton mallards and black ducks, good condition complete with heads, looking for $7/each plus ship.

Last edited:
I would answer you this way:

Ten of thousands of birds have been killed over painted foam, typically on just foam I have primed with a really good primer once I took off any loose old paint and then apply your new paint. They are foam they will ding up but they will kill ducks,

Restle/Trestle coating with many substrates provides a very durable covering as does burlapping. I have also seen epoxy, wood glue coatings, lots of things have been tried over the years just depends on what you want to do and how durable you want your decoys to be and how particular you are on the looks of the bird.

Hope this helps.

Capt J. Stieben said:
Some opportunities have arose and I need to make some room in the garage:

Herter's Bodies:

30+ Size 72 Puddler Bodies with keel $8/each
30+ Size 72 Puddler Bodies Flat Bottoms $6/each
30+ Size 63 Puddlers Flat Bottom $5/each
24+ Size 63 Puddlers Keeled $7/each
18 Size 72 divers flat bottoms $7/each
18 Size 63 diver flat bottoms $5/each

Heads ( Have Hundreds of all sizes)
63 used puddler heads $4/each
63 used diver heads $4/each
72 puddler heads used $5/each
72 puddler heads (new old stock) $5/each
72 divers used $6/each (painted as bills, redheads, etc.)

All bodies are in a condition that can be painted, burlapped. restle coated etc. Heads have not pellet holes or broken stem. Shipping is extra will work with you on best rates.

Also have about 4-5 dozen foam Clinton mallards and black ducks, good condition complete with heads, looking for $7/each plus ship.

4 dozen Mellenium Size 72 Mallards (new old stock in original boxes) $240/6 shipped (lower 48 states)
4 dozen Mellenium Canadian Geese Size 92 New old stock $240/6 shipped (lower 48 states)

I'm interested in 4 #63 diver bodies with heads. Can you give me a shipping estimate to 01969?

I've had Herters since the '70's model 72's and Brant super mags a few small ones also they are AWSOME no frigging around when setting em out they ride right in any weather you just can't let gas on em or a petroleum based paint.i still use them and Quacks,over 40+ years of service! I'll take some Brant heads if you have em.il PM you.thanks!

Back