What's on your Work Bench ? August 2018

Good morning, Paul~

Great work - glad to see you are hard at it!

And, I hope to see you in Tuckerton next month.

All the best,

SJS

Paul, good to see you have been getting some time to muck about in the shop. Stay busy! Still have you on the prayer list, old fella![;)]

Pat~

Battleships? Aren't those periscopes I see????

Great style as always!

Boats have gotten in the way of decoys of late - and my Grandson (10-months) is coming from Berlin in 2 weeks. So, this gate - for the top of our very old, very steep stairs - has been "on my work bench" of late.

View attachment sm JackieGate 01.JPG

All the best,

SJS

So, so much for anything I had planned for summer. Summer was completely consumed by a baseball coaching commitment.

Finally getting back to "my" schedule, finishing some Herter's rebuilds, boat mods, etc. Then I see this specimen from my childrens' youth and think " how fun would it be to sneak that into a decoy sack at duck camp..." Then I said, "First thing off my work bench in August, post it to duckboats.net...".

To be able to "Reply" with this, to the ever patient, knowledgeable and talented Steve Sanford, well, I hope he finds humor in my jest and can envision the response of my buddies at 4:30 a.m. when this comes out amongst their stool.

This project earned me 1 Beer Credit at Fun Guy U:

View attachment IMG_20180811_173425.jpgView attachment IMG_20180811_173404.jpgView attachment IMG_20180811_173411.jpg

Good morning, Rob~

Well, it looks like you salvaged your summer with a fine bit of carving! I am assuming it'll go in your puddle duck rig - that hat would certainly be a problem for any diver.....

Actually, I was especially taken by your choice of anchor. Lots of similar types in my collection - and very similar to a bunch made by my Dad.

All the best,

SJS

Pat

I've always been a fan of high head decoys. Those really make me smile.[smile]

Somehow they always seem to be in the line of fire, and pickup some shot, and shot scars that make em even better.

Ya gonna place them close to the layout box, or are they for Canada?

Thanks Steve.

I found the rusty nails between the boards, on the top of the antique woodworkers bench in my shop. They inspired the decoys.

As much as I like Rust-Oleum, I'll leave them as is.[;)]

That's a fine looking sturdy child safely gate ya made. I really like the style and finish, first class work.

Vince~

Great back-story on those nails - can't beat re-purposing old stuff! And, what higher purpose than decoys ????

All the best,

SJS

Thanks Tim.

I spend more time than I should carving decoy heads. It's a habit that I just cannot break.

That's why I was always amazed at watching you, and others, carve heads in a short time at the old ODCCA show.

Good afternoon Steve -

Thank you very much.

Man O Man DecoyMonsterMachine, that is one Fine flock of Gray Ducks!

Lotta STYLE & INTERACTION in that rig, sure to pull their brethren in for a close look see.

Ya just keep gettin' better with age...[;)]

Back