Heartbroken

[size 4] Sorry to hear the news, Phil. Always a tough call when the time comes, and we're never ready for it. Glad you have Otter to carry on.

Bob

Sorry for your loss.
Hard to lose a hunting partner. I have been through four now, and three still hunt with me and my present lab, Cap, in decoys. This way, they still get to go out occasionally..
God be with you at this time.

Hello Phil, It is a tough decision but you made the correct one when they loose the
desire to eat it is our responsibility to humanely help them.
I am sorry for your loss. John

Phil, I am so sorry for your loss, you are in such good company here, we either have lost a partner or have been close to someone who has. Kodi will be romping around at the Rainbow Bridge with 3 of my labs waiting for us. Otter will take up some of the slack but never replace the old man.

Very sorry for the loss. We have lost two beloved companions in the last five years. It hurts but they do live on in our hearts.
Gods Speed Kodi

Phil,
So sorry to hear about Kodi. As many here have said there are never the right words to say when you loose a pup. I've lost a couple myself. Seeing the pictures through the years Kodi was a great dog for you and Sara. I'll just bet in the 9 months Otter was with Kodi you'll notice some of Kodi will come out in Otter too as he continues to learn the way of the retriever.

Phil

You have my sympathy. As written before, when they leave they take a part of us with them. May the memories warm your heart, especially on cold duck huntin' days.

Best regards
Vince

Phil
Sorry for your loss
Please take solace in knowing that you gave Kodi agreat life and had him
Doing what he was bred to do and loved to do.

Phil,

So sorry for your loss. Grizz and I send our condolences and prayers for you and your family. Kodi was a handsome boy. I know your pain, I think about past dogs in my life and a tear comes to my eye reliving the memories.

My Dad's last dog, Bear, was a once in a lifetime Chessie. Big, ornery & bull headed with a heart of gold. I know the breed, truly a loving, dedicated companion who would protect their family with their own life.

Thank you for sharing your photos and touching eulogy of Kodi.

Our best,
Jim and Grizz

Phil,
It is important that you know that there are a bunch of us dog guys here, who over the years have looked forward to the day that there would be a myriad of pictures of Kodi with a bull can in his mouth. I, for one, will not forget him because he was so special. I know what you are going through. When you have cried so much you begin to wonder where the tears are coming from. It is truly the heart. The love and respect earned by both the hunter and the retriever. Here is hoping you will find time each day to think of some of those special moments each of you had during a hunt.
Al

I never want to open these threads. I already know what they are. However, I still do because I always want to tell a fellow dog lover and hunter that I am so sorry for their loss. I truly am. Time will heal my friend. Remember all the good times.

Phil I am so sorry for your loss. That is a great tribute you wrote for Kodi and some great pictures to go with it. It is so true that they never live long enough and are bound to break our hearts. I am thinking of yall

Dani

Thank you all ,for you support. It does not seem possible that it has been a week already. Otter still looks for him. I still am listening for the sound of his nails on the hardwood floors, or his breathing. But they are only in my memories now.

Phil, so sorry for your loss. Nothing hurts more. How fortunate you were to have had such a special bond, and member of your family. When you leave this place, Kodi will be there waiting for you. He will be in the prime of his life, strong and able and ready to live again with you. Until then, cherish his memory and carry him forever in your heart.

Back