Marsh boat- TDB, SBDB, other?

Nick Zito said:
I did come across a duck wrangler 15. Looks like a TDB copy. 20 minutes from home. Anyone know anything about these?

I have a 2004 DW-15, love this boat. I had a 4 stroke 40hp on it for the first couple years, it handled it just fine. Put a 40 E-tech on last year and even better. Dry ride, room for two hunters (plus plenty of decoys) you could hunt 3 could be a little tight. The blind stores easily on the side or in the boat. Locking cockpit cover is great for storing and travel. I have hunted small local water, on the Mississippi and Missouri Rivers very safely. It draws about 6? with the E-tech on so can get into some shallow water with a little push pole effort.

View attachment 6833CEB9-1D6D-49F3-ADBE-F58997F809F1.jpegView attachment C979293A-EA00-4C4B-BB17-2FAFC6AACFA8.jpeg

Anthony Babich said:
Hey Roy,

This is a 1992 14 Classic Maine Built.
Anthony,
Trying to figure out what?s going on with the picture here. If that?s a ?92 TDB 14 as per the posts that follow about your boat that interior with 3 seats just doesn?t ?compute.?

Nick Zito said:
Just wondering if you know when duck wrangler changed the design, and the pros and cons of each? There?s an 04 and a 14 that have made themselves known to me.

After 2014 so they are the same design

Nick Zito said:
Bob M said:
Nick Zito said:
Just wondering if you know when duck wrangler changed the design, and the pros and cons of each? There?s an 04 and a 14 that have made themselves known to me.

After 2014 so they are the same design

So looking at these two, are they just slightly changes, no total design overhauls like you?re referring to bob?

Sorry Nick. The boat on the bottom left is the same design as the Duck Boss 15 I have but mine is the updated ie wider version. Mine is a 2019 and if I wasn't computer illiterate I would post a pic LOL
The other boat in your post is a tank and have heard only good things as Bob Collier has said. Hope this helps and sorry for the confusion

Best
Bob

Last edited:
The boat in the upper pic looks exactly like mine including the Loadrite trailer.
It is a tough boat. I am sure you would be happy with either the Duck Boss or Duck Wrangler.
Good luck feel free to message me if you have any questions.

I grabbed a wrangler close to home with a very clean 04 Suzuki DF40 on it. Seller was retiring duck hunting. Was 30 minutes from home. Grabbed it on my lunch break.

I already washed her down and stripped the seats (as you saw Tom) off. I ordered some seats like Anthony showed prior. I don?t like having the cockpit jammed with stuff. Just gets in the way. Boat also came with about 6 dozen old squaw/bluebill decoys that needed restringing and some touch up paint. I had my girls set up clips and tie up some long lines before reeling them into the spool. They proceeded to fill the shelves with all the decoys they could get their hands on (only photo I took apparently).

I then set up the blind for them and they were lost ?hunting? in the driveway for a few hours. They asked me if we could go hunting this weekend. Sadly it probably will be 20 business days before DMV even thinks about processing my registration, so gives me time to clean it up... or put the sticker plate from the dingy on it for a joyride. Still need to cover the holes in the floor where the swivel seats were, just need to take a ride to the hardware store.

I have some touch up fiberglass work to do, mostly cosmetic, but I need something to do other than work from home and homeschool these two for most of the week.

We?ll see how it goes. The price was right and it was close to home. Moreso excited to get them out for the first time this year with a heater in there. My folks will be happy too, no more watching the grandkids during hunting season mornings.

View attachment 4E428E72-FA8F-44B1-B824-61DB76279A84.jpeg

Congratulations on the boat. I hope it gives you and the girls many years of enjoyment. I know that Suzuki should be great. I love my 2 Suzuki?s. Me and my daughter were out on the sound today and managed to put a few fluke over the rail. Great memories.

Bob Collier said:
Hope you and the kids enjoy your new DW!
As I posted earlier I love mine.
Stay well.
Bob

Hey bob, do you know what they used for paint color on these? I patched a few songs on it today and need to decide on a color.

View attachment 1A91367D-ABD6-4A7B-9F67-7C6BFF49F4F7.jpeg
Hey bob, do you know what they used for paint color on these? I patched a few songs on it today and need to decide on a color.[/quote]

You can get it from Lock Stock and Barrel DW Brown #36
Lou Tisch is a member here great guy helped me out getting what I needed to repair my DW when I punched a hole in it on a wing dam [unimpressed]

Last edited:
I hear you!!
I had now idea how to lay glass but there is a wealth of knowledge on this site and along with Utube I got it done
It turned out great, hard to tell where the repair was!
Have fun with your new craft. Let me know if you have any more questions.

Back