Anyone using a new Duck Invader 13?

Thanks Christoph,
I'm really leaning towards the flapper boards VS the blind. Seems simpler, all around for me.

hey Mike my boat is a 2017 db13 i have every option but blind i have flappers easier for the dog ! My price was 4500-4700 i forget now id have to dig deep to find receipt i already had a trailer an motor so i can deff see it being around 6000+

Tom Hickman said:
Mike, if you love your estuary why not buy one of David's garvey style boats ? I recently purchased one and it will be the perfect 2 man boat. Plenty of room for your decoys, dog. Full blind or flapper boards . I'm putting a 2020 Mercury 30hp tiller on the back of mine. Just another avenue to think on. Good luck.

One of the main reasons is money. The price for the base Garvey is close to the price of the DI13 ready to hunt, minus the motor.
I'm also looking for a lower profile like the DI13

MIKE-SID said:
One of the main reasons is money. The price for the base Garvey is close to the price of the DI13 ready to hunt, minus the motor.
Hey Mike,
Did you ever end up purchasing a new boat? Did you go with the DI13? I spoken with Rich in the past and just didn't pull the trigger, thinking of ordering one for 21-22 season and wanted to hear you thoughts. Thanks.
Brian

B Brown said:
MIKE-SID said:
Hey Mike,
Did you ever end up purchasing a new boat? Did you go with the DI13? I spoken with Rich in the past and just didn't pull the trigger, thinking of ordering one for 21-22 season and wanted to hear you thoughts. Thanks.
Brian

I did order a Duck Invader 13 from Rich. I think he projected starting on it in February. My depot is in! I can't wait for the boat, and the 2021 season already. The season ends here on the 20th, and I'm already feeling sad about it. I've been having great fun this season.

I can't seem to recall what Rich told me the weight was. I believe, but don't quote me on this, it is mid 200's. With that being said, this past weekend, a buddy and I floated it in less than 6" of water on a sandbar with us pulling it. The bottom is relatively flat. Definitely not a V-hull. Depending how strong you are, I don't see why you wouldn't be able to push it a short distance if you end up high and dry. With 2 people hunting, I don't see it being a problem at all.

I run it with a 15 hp 2 stroke which clocks in at 75 lbs. It is the lightest possible motor that will push the boat at a decent clip which helps with that as well.

I believe if you put on something like a 25hp 4 stroke, which the boat is in-fact rated for, the weight does become greater.

does a 15hp plane out with full load? i run a 30hp on mine an she runs her ass off boy ! lol but there is days when im loaded down with diver decoys dog me a buddy an all gear an depending on how hard tide is running shes slow getting over the hump to plane but to add to that i do have a much taller prop on it for top speed

John,

Seems to plane with myself (220 lbs) and another hunter in the 250 lb range with decoys and gear. Not a speed demon by any means but it gets up on plane and cruises. My buddy and I noticed it's right at the top end of the ability for that motor, though. My buddy and I did a minimal-decoy hunt last Saturday with just 4 Brant decoys and 5 puddle ducks. We noticed the boat was definitely faster and more nimble with even just slightly less weight. I believe if it were a 15hp 4-stroke on the back, and not a 2-stroke, might be a different picture. With a 50 lb difference with some of the older 4 strokes, I could see it tipping the scales.

I will eventually upgrade to a 25hp for this rig and put my mint 15hp Johnson on a sneakbox.

i run a 15 johnson on my sneak box an my duck boss runs a 1995 johnson 30hp by my self its rips mid 30's mph but some days i feel like my old barny box is just as fast or if not faster lol the duck boss definitly goes for sure an my db13 is a short transom boat as well

John,

I had that 15 on my old Higbee. I rarely ever hit WOT. At WOT the boat had very little hull in the water and it felt like something bad was about to happen. This 15 would be perfect on a glass over cedar rig. I could see myself in the future getting something with a displacement hull for solo hunts. I'm definitely not a go-fast type of guy. Little more speed would be nice but I'm content. I feel even a 20 on the DI13 would be perfect.

yea i hear ya my sneak is glass over cedar box sucks i run far across big water so i wanna get there in a jiffy or out run others i have big props on all my motors just to get that edge on the others speed doesnt bother me when i get into the marshes i back down to 1/2 throttle lol

Back