Anybody Recognize the Black Brant?

Ad says it's a modified BB1 but couldn't it be a BB2? Hard to tell with the modified transom. In the DHBP early days a BB2 with a modified transom was built by a Floridian - can't remember his name though (Jamie?).

Pete

It doesn't have the offset motor well that the BB1 had. Sure looks like a BB2. Buzz Glade's (who recently passed away) boat sold to a guy in North Alabama a few years back so unless that boat ended up back in FL I don't think it is the same boat. The motor is a spot on match though.

Eric

Last edited:
Yep, Buzz was who I was thinking of.

My first intro to a Devlin design was in the early '90s up in N. Wisconsin. Met the builder of a BB1 at a boat ramp when he was launching with his 100+# Chessie.

Was that the one that had a pic next to a plane in an aircraft hanger? Seem to recall one in Florida that was from non-mohogany based ply and no motor well. The name seems right, too.

Bill

That's the one. A guy in Muscle Shoals bought the boat. He called me when he did but I don't remember his name and haven't heard from him since

Eric

Last edited:
Guy selling it is named Martin. I sent some questions, but all he replied is that someone was looking at it this weekend. Heck of a deal, surprised it lasted this long. Of course, we were not aware! Who still uses Craigslist?!

Dave Diefenderfer said:
Guy selling it is named Martin. I sent some questions, but all he replied is that someone was looking at it this weekend. Heck of a deal, surprised it lasted this long. Of course, we were not aware! Who still uses Craigslist?!

Shoot! I am on CL weekly for sure!

Back