Dogs.

ScottDinger

Good day everyone. Been enjoying reading through the different topic subsections. Could not find one with duck boat dog pics. Started taking the two dogs out on the boat. I think they're as ready as I am to return to the hunt.

That's great Carl. Companionship is what dogs are all about. If they retrieve, bonus. Sometimes I wish mine wouldn't retrieve because I worry about them, especially when it's really cold.

That brings back memories. I ran beagles on snowshoes in Alaska as a boy. As long as the snow didnt get too deep. We have a few here in North Idaho. Maybe I need to go get a few and reminisce over a dish of snowshoe n gravy over rice...

I was going to ask the same question! Great to see someone running rabbits!
Growing up in northeast PA, my uncle had great beagle, most October and early November Saturdays were spent chasing rabbits all over Wayne & Susquehanna counties.

Troy Fields said:
I do Scott. I have a camp in the western mountains of Maine. Great snowshoe hare country.

Great picture Troy. If a person doesn't know the snowshoes are white in winter, they might wonder why you're posing. [smile] I have a little bit of experience hunting rabbits, but not like you guys. And my silly labrador gets pretty excited when one moves when we bird hunt, quick as lightning when they want. I think there's gonna be birds this fall, my wife saw plenty this summer.

Soooooooooo Scott.....where are the pictures of your dogs? [laugh]

OOOOPS I missed your dog butts post...my bad.....They are good looking dogs from behind

Last edited:
Some of them have passed, some are still alive but you asked for it....... [sly]

Drake: (RIP)

i-J2ksxL5-XL.jpg

i-VQcRC5T-X2.jpg

i-7BQ5XF3-X2.jpg

i-F8kfBGC-X2.jpg

Mike: (RIP)

i-57mv7DT-XL.jpg

i-rGBM6d6-XL.jpg

i-VRpzcQL-XL.jpg

Kenzie: (beach buddy I had hopes to be a duck dog...he was too gun shy...RIP)

i-frVt2s7-XL.jpg

i-GSMDDNF-L.jpg

i-Gwzt3Xd-X2.jpg

Belle: (she earned her duck dog status in 2019)

i-FxGJ9q3-X2.jpg

i-653jFLW-X2.jpg

i-BssKCtZ-X2.jpg

i-8s4LhLL-X2.jpg

i-kWZRbzF-X2.jpg

B: (she is one heckuva woodduck pointy dog)

i-hZxfsM5-X2.jpg

i-sfnGtdF-X2.jpg

i-mBm7nfh-XL.jpg

i-pCNzdJj-X2.jpg

I have lots more pictures, but at the same time not enough.....

Dani

Last edited:
Awesome pics Dani. Wish I had half your eye for photography. You're right, you never have enough pics of your old buddies.

Carl said:
Here is my brown fuzzy handwarmer in action. I call her a handwarmer because that's about the extent of it, has absolutely no interest in retrieving ducks in cold water. But she loveable and a great companion for my daughter.

I don't blame your fuzzy brown handwarmer for not wanting to retrieve ducks in cold water. Geez....it's COLD!!!!!

Thanks Stuart. Some of those pictures are mine and some are Steve's. I do continue to work on my photo skills

SJ Fairbank said:
Troy Fields said:
I do Scott. I have a camp in the western mountains of Maine. Great snowshoe hare country.

I think there's gonna be birds this fall, my wife saw plenty this summer.

Just spent a week in the woods on a stream restoration project and they were scarce in an area where I've seen a lot in past dry years. It would be hard to beat last year for partridge. Woodcock were only so-so in the covers I hunt.

Back