More equipment repair

rfberan

I really like my Avery Leather straps, but just into the second season a problem starts showing up. The rivets begin failing. Fortunately it is an easy fix. I take very good care of my equipment so it is not from neglect. Hard normal use yes, but not misuse. View attachment IMG_6411.jpg

I have something that is similar that was given to me as a wedding present (really!), which is over 20 years ago. Now I'm no longer married, and don't know if that is related or not. But it is still going strong. It has 5 individual leads that have a brass snap on one end and a brass d-ring on the other to loop the heads through like in your picture. The other part of this is a thick piece of leather around 10'X8" on which is mounted a brass u-bar that is perpendicular to the face, and it has two brass d-rings so it can be hung up. It is just fine, and it stays outside on our shack all season. I will try and remember to take a picture of it for you when I go there later this week if my description is poor and you can't visualize what I'm talking about.

Vince Pagliaroli said:
You name the waterfowl and it has carried it in three different flyways. Has never failed to do it's job.

Whistling ducks too?????

Dani said:
Vince Pagliaroli said:
You name the waterfowl and it has carried it in three different flyways. Has never failed to do it's job.

Whistling ducks too?????

Nope. No Whistling Ducks.... Yet.

Gawd forbid I become a northern Geezer Snowbird, but ya never know what life gives ya. [;)]

At present I still enjoy snow.... HHHHHEeeeeeHHHHHeeeeeHHHHHeeeee

Back