Barnegat Bay Duck Ark

I've been meaning to share a picture of our Barnegat Bay sneak box. It's docked next to the public launch in Barnegat throughout the winter. She's a 29 foot x 9 foot fiberglas pontoon boat that most people think is a Tiki Bar. It can hunt 5/6 and a dog comfortably and includes a porto john and cook top. Not much privacy when you use the john. It was a tough season on the bay. High winds and bitter cold was the norm for all our hunts in January, but with two buddy heater you stay warm. She's a bit slow with only a 25 HP motor, so I'm looking to upgrade this season to a 60 or 75 HP.
Duck Ark 2.jpg2022 Christmas Dogs.jpeg
Millie 9, Dude 6 and Mom Lucy 13. Dude never misses an opportunity to go hunting.

How often do you get folks in the winter coming to look for a tiki drink on the water?

Very nice boat....looks quite comfy.

Damn near a 30 footer. In reality a powered floating blind. Relocatable according to the wind. What did you use for grass - looks good.

Joe

Most of the Tiki bar comments come on the drive down to the shore in the fall when I stop for gas or when I launch the boat at the ramp. I also went with padded swivel chairs with backrest so it's real comfortable. Also made a sturdy dog ladder out of aluminum pipe and mesh that has worked out great. It can even support a man who may accidently fall in.....of course that has never happened to me!

That is a great craft Dan. Have not hunted Barnegat Bay in several years, but there is some good territory around where you park.

Greg, I see you're local. Your welcome to join in. I'll make sure I get you a couple invites next season for you and a buddy.

Dan-that'd be great! I have a place with some friends down in Dividing Creek on the Delaware Bay marshes, and you can come there too.

Back