ISO rubber Southbay rubrail for Blackjack rehab

Humm, have not thought of doing that. This Blackjack is similar to the SouthBay in that the top and bottom are glued together with a extended seam. The angles on the BJ are sharper than the SB, but I suppose I could do something with the composite materials that can be heated and shaped. Either mill it from solid stock, or glue up a C shape that with likely bond better than the rubber does. I will mess with some pieces and see how difficult that might be.

thats a great idea making it two piece and running a router or sander after glueing it up. Some of the new plastic trim. He Steve, what do you think?

I have the exact rub rail, redid my South Bay 2 years ago and took awhile to find but I found it. Get back to with a Direct Message soon

Dave-I'm planning on taking the top off of my blackjack in the next couple of weeks. There is rot in the transom. Did you have to mess with that?

Greg, not sure yet. I was getting tiny ants all over the hull when I brought it our into the sun and heat. Finally on Father's day, by son, SIL and myself flipped over the hull and set her in the shop to address the bottom. I found small holes at the transom hull interface joints. A quick spray with ant killer and I no longer see any more. I plan to pull the drain tub and do an inspection.

I bought 1" drip hose and carefully (easily) slice it down the middle and it works great for my South Bay

Back