Goodbye old friend

Nick Wansha

We just got back from the vet We just put Suzie down this afternoon. She wasn't able to walk very well with her hind legs this AM and it just got worse as the day progressed. Sadly, we knew that It was time. She was 14 years 2 months of age. She was my first dog that I had ever owned. She was a wonderful companion and hunting dog. She made us so many friends and we have tons of memories due to her. I held her in my arms as she fell asleep peacefully. Who says a big man can't cry? She will be cremated. I haven't made decoys for some time largely due to the kids being born, but I plan on making a special hollow decoy and putting her cremains inside of it so we can put her on the shelf and I can take her along and hunt with her again at least once a year. Here is a pic from this afternoon before we left home. Goodbye ol' girl. You will be missed dearly.... Nick SHR Sweet Little Suzie May 1995- July 2009
rmqt79.jpg

My heartfelt sympathy for you and your family Nick. I have walked in those shoes, and it was one of the hardest things I have ever done....................

Who says a big man can't cry?

I dont know who said it but they sure didnt know what the heck they were talking about.
Have good cry for Suzie.

Sorry for your loss. The decoy idea is a great way to remember her.

I know how ya feel buddy I shed the big ole crocodile tears when I had ta put down my lab Fred several years ago. Still is a soft spot in my heart for him. I am sorry for your loss
Dennis

Nick Im soorry for you loss and we are sharing greif togerther my friend, the same thing has happend to me I had to put my Black lab Meg down 2 days earlyer on the 27 July she was 11 years old and it was on my Daughter,s birthday, and like you I car,nt stop crying she was the best dog I have ever had and now God as taken her away from me, may all us waterfowlers be reunited with our dogs when we hit that big marsh in the sky. so be like me Buddy hand have a good cry.
take care
Eddie.

Thank you all for the kind words of support. It really helps. Who could ever think that a dog could mean so much to a family.

Nick

Nick,I'm sorry for your loss of family member Suzie.I had to drive 30mi to our vet with my little Poodle "Molly"and with my Boykin "Buzz"for autopsy.It's hard to drive when your crying.There are allot of great dogs in heaven,just waiting for us to join them.

Back