Saskatchewan

Paul - The "mud" of the 2 tracks and fields makes things interesting. It dries to a Payne's Gray and is impossible to remove, even years later. If ya don't get stuck miles from nowhere, in the goo, it's just not a hunt. Glad you enjoyed yourself.

I just returned from Saskatchewan myself. We were into mostly wigeon and some gadwalls, a few pintails, mallards, and green winged teal. Really fun time, was great to experience the flights and the geography. Great people there.

SNOW! WOW! Those pictures look like something from the dead of winter! Everything is still super green here in my Oklahoma neck of the woods and hot as well.

I could use a little warmth right now. I had to do some serious scraping on my truck windows this morning.

Feel free to come down to FL Paul. We have PLENTY of warmth and there is no scraping of windows....except when the love bugs are thick.

Neat pictures and I too think that cans and teal would be a great combo. I have a place here that very occasionally will offer up a combo like that.

Dani

Thanks Dani, Florida would be great although I am in Toronto at the moment and it is pretty warm too

I just returned from Saskatchewan myself. We were into mostly wigeon and some gadwalls, a few pintails, mallards, and green winged teal. Really fun time, was great to experience the flights and the geography. Great people there.

Greg, what part of the province were you in?

Hi Paul-I've been sworn to secrecy by my hosts, as there are no commercial operations in the area, and hardly any other waterfowl hunters period. But I will say that I was in the southern half of the province:)

LOL There are birds everywhere in SK. No need to encroach on others. I have hunted several different areas of the province and done well. Not too bad at home in Alberta either. I got out this morning and managed a few ducks in a couple of hours. It's nice to be 10 minutes from home.

Back