Shotgun firing pin test kits

Not quite snap caps...at least snap caps that I have seen. The FP testing kit allows you to put in 209 primers and basically use the gun as blanks. Also, allows me to test fire a gun that might be dangerous to fire with live ammo.

So maybe I am looking for a shotgun blanks kit? If there is such a thing?

Not quite snap caps...at least snap caps that I have seen. The FP testing kit allows you to put in 209 primers and basically use the gun as blanks. Also, allows me to test fire a gun that might be dangerous to fire with live ammo.

So maybe I am looking for a shotgun blanks kit? If there is such a thing?

You can buy primed hulls by the bag, That would do the same thing, but may not suit your needs:

You can buy primed hulls by the bag, That would do the same thing, but may not suit your needs:

That, or take a few empties, remove the spent primer and replace. Cheap compared to the Brownell's set.

That, or take a few empties, remove the spent primer and replace. Cheap compared to the Brownell's set.

Actually, I did that and the head of the shotshell isn't supported well enough to do that multiple times using the same shotshell. I used two 209 primers and the head of the shotshell got pretty concave. It wouldn't last for long term use.

i-sDKf47B-XL.jpg

i-6gv5rPx-XL.jpg

Primed hulls might be an option....though we would need to find storage for a bag of every gauge....hmmmmmm.....

We have a lot of shotgun ammo but the 209 primers really do mark better out of a shotshell tester than live ammo. Which makes comparisons easier. I could achieve the same outcome if I cut up live shotshells but cutting up shotshells to make basically blanks wastes all wads, powder and pellets because they will just be tossed.

I just knew you were too picky to accept my nearly perfect solution. :)

hahaha yeah......i've heard that before

I am definitely keeping it as an option to give a try if we can't find a couple of the kits

Actually, I did that and the head of the shotshell isn't supported well enough to do that multiple times using the same shotshell. I used two 209 primers and the head of the shotshell got pretty concave. It wouldn't last for long term use.
Dani,
If all else fails, a machine shop could manufacture an all brass hull with enough internal support to prevent the concave results you are experiencing. Not sure how cost effective it might be BUT a local machine shop might just do the local cop shop a freebie. A CNC lathe could spit out 20 of them about as fast as it would take for just one.

1714423216352.png

We would buy poppers by the case for training and tests. Single use though, unless you reload them.

i-sDKf47B-XL.jpg

i-6gv5rPx-XL.jpg

Primed hulls might be an option....though we would need to find storage for a bag of every gauge....hmmmmmm.....

We have a lot of shotgun ammo but the 209 primers really do mark better out of a shotshell tester than live ammo. Which makes comparisons easier. I could achieve the same outcome if I cut up live shotshells but cutting up shotshells to make basically blanks wastes all wads, powder and pellets because they will just be tossed.

Back