Posting with pictures and photobucket...a tutorial

Chuck J

There have been questions about putting pictures on the forum longer than there has been a forum...and whenever the question comes up, many (including myself) seem to recomend Photobucket.com as a more straight forward way to uplaod and resize all at once. The biggest drawback to photobucket in my opinion are the ads, including video ads while uploading (I make sure to turn down my sound). I took a series of screenshots of the process to help guide people through the basic process.

Photobucket homepage, select 'Sign up'

PB1-1.jpg

Fill out the form like you would signing up for any other on line account:

PB2-1.jpg

Once your account has been validated (I think they send an email, but it has been years since I signed up, frankly don't remember for sure):

PB3-1.jpg

Now go to 'Upload':

PB4-1.jpg

The first time you upload you should change your settings:

PB5-1.jpg

I like the 800x600, but you can try different (and change anytime in the future):

PB6-1.jpg

Now it is time to upload:

PB7-1.jpg

Pick your pictures from whereever you store them in your computer:

PB8-1.jpg

This is the screen while the files are uploading (with the anoying video ads):

PB9-1.jpg

Upload is done, add "tags" if you want to make it easier to search through your files, otherwise, just save:

PB10-1.jpg

Back to your album, roll the mouse pointer over the picture you want to upload, and the "codes" will appear, then right click on the box by the "IMG code" and it will automatically copy it:

PB11-1.jpg

With a duckboats "Post new" or "Post reply" screen open in another tab, paste the IMG code into the text box (where you write your words):

PB12-1.jpg

PB13-1.jpg

You can intersperse text (words) with your IMG codes (pictures):

PB14-1.jpg

Hit preview before posting to make sure it all worked as planned.

Photobucket also has apps for Apple and Android devices to upload direct, and for other phones not directly supported there is a spot where you can find an email address to send pics from your phone to your album.

Hope this helps, and if not, ask away, I'm always willing to help.

Best
Chuck

Last edited:
Thanks Chuck, Could you sticky this to keep it handy for us "challenged ones"? I will be spending more time on here in the very near future. May 17 I will be perminantly voluntarly unemployed. then maybe I can learn to speel kerektly.

Thanks Chuck, Could you sticky this to keep it handy for us "challenged ones"? I will be spending more time on here in the very near future. May 17 I will be perminantly voluntarly unemployed. then maybe I can learn to speel kerektly.

Tom,

I actually put it in as a reply to the original picture posting sticky in the Help forum (go to Main Index and scroll to the bottom)

Another thing I forgot to mention, is you can send pictures in PMs with the same steps shown here. I have had that question from time to time.

Also note, I'm not discouraging using the Duckboats.net picture upload option, just showing a quicker, easier, more straight forward alternative.

Best
Chuck

Just to add to what Chuck showed you, if you have a lot of pictures to post at once, an easy way to post multiple pictures is to select the check box for each picture you want to post.

pb1.png

Go to the bottom of the list, and under choose action click on generate link codes for selected.

pb2.png

Click in the Full size list under IMG for bulletin boards and forums and it will copy all the link codes at once and you can paste into post as shown above.

pb3.png

Last edited:
Chris

That is too cool, though my initial post wasn't to show all the in's and out's of photobucket, more to show how easy posting pictures can be, that is a trick I hadn't figured out...you're pretty smart for a redneck!

Thanks
Chuck

Thanks Chuck for taking the time to do this. Hitch

So John, are you going to utilize my expert instruction to put up some of your snapshots from Westlake?

Seriously though, if you have additional pointers to add, feel free, I'm sure I could learn a thing or two about PB from you. BTW, get anywhere with filling in the journal?

Best
Chuck

Back