Body Booting Waterfowl Hunting

Chuck J said:
Hey Vince, no Model 12...but no plastics

This thread is on BODY booting, not mid-thigh booting. Can a moderator please remove this misplaced post?

tod osier said:
This thread is on BODY booting, not mid-thigh booting. Can a moderator please remove this misplaced post?

Our moderator hasn't been around so stuff like this slips through the cracks :)

Eric

Eric Patterson said:
tod osier said:

Eric

I had to look thru the member directory to figure out just who posted that, thought I vaguely remembered the name.

Eric Patterson said:
tod osier said:

Eric

We should probably dock his pay for the last 6 months or so. Just sayin'....

Chuck J said:
Vince Pagliaroli said:
Matt,

Ahhh the Model 12. [:)] If yer gonna do it, do it right, and over non plastic decoys.

VP

Hey Chuck, IS THAT YOU??!!!

Hope all is well. Really like the photo.

Yer like the groundhog. Pop out once a year, get lots of attention and then "Dats All Folks...."

Best regards
Vince

I guess this could have been body booting. Drake and I left the blind to head to an area of the marsh the ducks were using more while Steve and Mike stayed back at our blind. Drake stood in the water like you can see and I crouched down into the cattails as low as possible since they were pretty sparse. I had to slide my shell belt to up under my arms to keep it out of the water and my shirt was soaked from my elbows resting in the water. We were pretty successful. Does that count? I still wanna do the open water body booting.

i-XK2s873-L.jpg

tod osier said:
Chuck J said:

More like @$$ deep, but this deep...there are better ways to get dinner...that is a miserable way to get a duck

Screenshot_1.jpg

Eric Patterson said:
tod osier said:

Eric

I heard he was fired

Vince Pagliaroli said:
Chuck J said:
Vince Pagliaroli said:
Matt,

Ahhh the Model 12. [smile] If yer gonna do it, do it right, and over non plastic decoys.

VP

Yer like the groundhog. Pop out once a year, get lots of attention and then "Dats All Folks...."

Best regards
Vince

Hey Vince, long time...

I always hate when people are gone a while, pop in for one post, say how much they miss this place, and disappear again. I'll TRY not to be another one of those guys.

That was a fun day with wood, cork and canvas decoys around us, could have gone a bit deeper, and I forgot to bring the tubing cutter I was planning on cutting the conduit at the right height.

Chuck J said:
Vince Pagliaroli said:
Chuck J said:
Vince Pagliaroli said:
Matt,

Ahhh the Model 12. [smile] If yer gonna do it, do it right, and over non plastic decoys.

VP

Best regards
Vince

Hey Vince, long time...

I always hate when people are gone a while, pop in for one post, say how much they miss this place, and disappear again. I'll TRY not to be another one of those guys.

That was a fun day with wood, cork and canvas decoys around us, could have gone a bit deeper, and I forgot to bring the tubing cutter I was planning on cutting the conduit at the right height.

Yer not one of "those guys" Chuck. Canvas decoy makers are a rare breed, thank goodness.[;)]

As for the height of the decoys (easier to extract). It doesn't matter much from above, and they worked didn't they? That's all that counts.

VP

Matt C -- Have you looked at the Browning Model 12? It only comes in 20 gauge. They are no longer manufactured, I think, but one can find them unused on the secondary market. They are beautiful. I have one. They only come in modified choke, I think.

Joe,

The Browning Model 12, also came in 12ga. 2 3/4 chambering. My late hunting partner had one (pre lead shot) and used it very well. He worked at a gun shop. When they became available he bought one at dealer price, as the cost for the real deal new in box, at that time was much more.

Best regards
Vince

We used to do a variation of this along the marge of the lower river when the tide went out. There was a series of pilings spaced about 20 feet apart that went from the edge right out into the water. So we'd assume a position near the decoys and hold very still.

It worked more often than not. But it was impossible to get the dog in a place where he didn't stand out.

Back