Hunting History Meet Up !

B Ballard

Greetings All! Looking for a cool spring get out this weekend ? Make a run to the 2024 North American Vintage Decoy & Sports Collectible Show. it’s at the Westin Chicago Lombard hotel . https://nadecoycollectors.org/upcoming-events/
I’ll be doing a red head painting demo , and other working decoy carvers like the legendary Pat Gregory will be putting on carving and painting demos ! It’s a great get away and a chance to get the spring juices flowing ! Plus , I found an old folder of Coffee Doodels in the shop and I’m brining them along !IMG_1496_Original.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_7134_Original.jpeg
    IMG_7134_Original.jpeg
    185.4 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_5385_Original.jpeg
    IMG_5385_Original.jpeg
    360.3 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_5384_Original.jpeg
    IMG_5384_Original.jpeg
    206.6 KB · Views: 6
I,ll see you there. Folks if you are in the area do yourself a favor and attend. If you are looking for the missing link in your collection you can probably find it here.

Man, do I wish one of these events was in New England instead of the mid-west, Long Island, or mid-Atlantic. Always too far away for me.

Looks like I'll be a day late. I have to have the wife to O'Hara Sunday morning for a flight out for work. Can't convince her to go to a decoy show.

It’s on my list but it won’t be this year. Thanks for keeping it on my front burner!

It’s on my list but it won’t be this year. Thanks for keeping it on my front burner!
I was there most of the day On Thursday and attended the auction preview. Birds that have been in collections for 4o years and have been well documented in photos are seeing the light of day again. You just can't get the soul of a decoy through a photo, here, you can handle the decoys once again. Decoys that we have all seen , Wards, Perdew, Crowell, Wheeler, Shoenheider, Elliston, were represented and sold for big money. Walked the room to room dealers and found a bunch of stuff that I had to have. Made some new friends saw some old ones ,great day

Back