Meet Quill

Troy Fields

Good morning everyone,

Some may already know because of social media, others may not. After Pearl's passing last November, I wasn't really looking for another pup quite this soon, but everything lined up and here she is..."Traditions Eider Biter of Old Town" call name Quill. I arrived down to Virginia on Friday 3/1 and did the sightseeing thing on Chincoteague Island and then drove another hour south to Old Town Retrievers to meet the puppies. The day was beautiful and I got to watch them run around at will for half an hour or so. I had second pick (from four) of the females the next day. All went well the following day and she made the 12 hour trip home flawlessly. It will be a busy summer of training but I believe we are both excited for what lies ahead.

This was a billboard I saw crossing over to Chincoteague Island.

quill6.jpg

The first day home...8 weeks old

quill2.jpgquill3.jpgquill4.jpgquill5.jpg

This past Saturday...9 weeks old

quill.jpg

Pearl certainly left her mark on my heart, but Quill has already started creating her own memories, of which there will be many to come.

Congrats on your new lab Troy. I dearly miss having one around, as I lost mine year ago after 14 years and 9 months of keeping me company, picking up my birds, and being the best dog one could ever have. I'll enjoy reading your posts as you raise and train her.

Hiya Quill! You are one cute little girl! You have big paws to fill but I am sure you can do it

I'm happy to see you brought a new pup home Troy. I hope you have many many years with her!

Good morning everyone,

Some may already know because of social media, others may not. After Pearl's passing last November, I wasn't really looking for another pup quite this soon, but everything lined up and here she is..."Traditions Eider Biter of Old Town" call name Quill. I arrived down to Virginia on Friday 3/1 and did the sightseeing thing on Chincoteague Island and then drove another hour south to Old Town Retrievers to meet the puppies. The day was beautiful and I got to watch them run around at will for half an hour or so. I had second pick (from four) of the females the next day. All went well the following day and she made the 12 hour trip home flawlessly. It will be a busy summer of training but I believe we are both excited for what lies ahead.

This was a billboard I saw crossing over to Chincoteague Island.

View attachment 54663

The first day home...8 weeks old

View attachment 54664View attachment 54665View attachment 54666View attachment 54667

This past Saturday...9 weeks old

View attachment 54668

Pearl certainly left her mark on my heart, but Quill has already started creating her own memories, of which there will be many to come.
Man she's a heartbreaker! She is in for so many great adventures. Enjoy every one

Back