NDR-Public Service Announcement

Blake K

Only 3 days left after today to file(without obtaining an extension) individual income tax returns. Remember an extension is an extension of time to file the return, not an extension of time to pay any tax due.

My son hasn't received his 2022 return. The IRS made a mistake and thought he filed twice for 2021 when the forms were clearly marked 2022. We provided them what they asked for to straighten it out. If they have't paid him by now does he have to file? 😀😀😀

Eric-funny you mention this. I had a situation where my child's identity was stolen for pandemic $. My return for that year was submitted, received(always send certified!), and never processed. Does anyone remember the stories about how many returns were simply thrown away? I am owed $7K from that tax year, and I will have to resubmit. I guess I better get on it.

He should definitely file his 2023 return on time.

If he has not already, he should set up an account at the IRS website and he can find out the status of his 2022 return and previous years also. That will be valuable to know, so he knows how to go about rectifying it, and he'll now if anything has been done about it there.

I could not e-file, had to physically mail it, had no choice. I only found out through my IRS account recently when the status went from pending-meaning it had been received-to absolutely nothing at all. No status available.

This is not tax advice. This is dealing with bureaucrat and bureaucracy advice. Good luck to him.

Dealing with the IRS is not fun.

Too much employee turnover and too many matters handled with greatly varying timelines (ie) I have seen routine simple amended returns take anywhere from a couple weeks to well over a year to process.

My most favorite work day of the year--last day of tax season!! Finally will have time for some other activities such as fishing, bow fishing, golf, spending time with new granddaughter, etc.

Back