aluminum diamond plate sneak!

going to be picking up the material next week. i still have a couple more days of ducking left. i dont have a solid number for the price yet, but it will be around the $4000.00 dollar range.

John, very nice!

I was wondering if the hulls (especially the 15') will use longitudinal aluminum stringers/ribs (or not).

Thanks, Jim

Last edited:
For the larger boat, do you think you could accomodate a 18" - 24" hunt deck on the stern instead of the pods? for like a mud motor/dog launch?
regards,
Keith

For the larger boat, do you think you could accomodate a 18" - 24" hunt deck on the stern instead of the pods? for like a mud motor/dog launch?

and
that is not a problem

That has me really interested! Hunt decks in the marsh have suddenly become very popular in the midwest and south. They are great for getting in and out of the boat (for the hunter and/or dog). It is a nice place to hunt the dog off and water stays out of the boat on retrieves.
-------------

Last edited:
Hey John and the rest of the Duck Boat crew,I just signed up a couple weeks ago.It's a great site.Catch you out on the bay! Bill Lewis

man do i want it. how do you think it would be for poling? if i sell my snowmobiles and boat i might just have to drive to nj. are there zinks or anything for corrosion?

believe me if you see me at your house one of them will be mine, just have to get rid of my toys first, there just isn't enough room for everything at my house

just one more question would i just claim that i built it to get a hull # so i could get it registered in ct?

cfinch, I'm going to risk the reputation of stalking you. I bought one of John's sneakboxes last summer. There was no problem registering the boat here. It did have to get inspected but that was nothing more than a DEP officer coming over and verifying the boat was as described. I did bring construction and finished pictures into the DMV so they both understood what it was and the fact that it was truly a "new" boat not previously registered or titled.

Scott

don't worry help is always welcomed. how do you like the boat? it just seems perfect, especially since i can bust through some ice with it.

cfinch, I really like her, she's the 11.5' boat not his new 15'. Which are you interested in? If the 11.5' your free to check her out and try poling her. I have both commercial (10' inflexible) and a 16' closet rail poles to play with. This last season I had one of Diane's classic spray shields on her, but my non-petite lab kept taking out the pole, plus it didn't provide over head concealment. Still we both had fun in it and next year she'll be rigged with a sailboat dodger style spray shield. I still haven't had her in any rough conditions, but in flat water she zips along at 25 mph with a 500 lb load w/ the Suzuki 16 hp 2-stroke.

Now I'm hoping/encouraging John to come up with a lite-wt square end car topper as I'd love to upgrade from the traditional canoe for portages.

Scott

Back