Annual Upper Midwest Shindig

Strange?????????????? You say that like it's a bad thing. And as far as the brown dog thing just like people , there are exceptional ones and some not so. And we all know who is who don't we. I absolutely agree Steve it should be another notable one and you won't need no stinkin handshake. As always I am lookin forward to tellin a few tall tails and hearing a few baldfaces lies. HeeeHee

It is a couple miles south of LaCrosse. On Hwy 35 I believe. Google Goose Island Campground LaCrosse County Wi

Google coordinates, 43deg 44'08.88N 91deg 13' 44.66W is where you pay the bill.
Our son is getting married the weekend before, but if a fabled Left Coaster would be attending I might have to break out the camo tie for a second weekend, so as to welcome him to the middle country, ya kno...

George

That's great Steve, be great to see you again. Consider it planned on our end. Haven't had a DHBP hunting get together in a long time.

LIAR's FEST....the Duck Boat Page's reigning Elder Statesman-Wiz Boz....McMiller with a cooler full of Elk....other notables like Scholberg and a host of brown dog owners, (hey every group has its "strange relative" and they can be fun if you don't take their parents boasting about how they're "too smart" for the honor roll)....why heck it'll be like the Duck Boat Eider hunts and the Old Farts hunt......

If things go as planned I should be heading to Florida after a 2 moth long Upland Trip....trailer loaded down with Dani's dog Drake, Sage Grouse, Huns and Pheasants, and if Brandon doesn't hog all the Chukars maybe one of those as well....and Gator in the freezer......you guys get this ting planned I might just have to crash the party......

Steve
Looks like I'll have to show up and lower the average age a little bit......

This sounds like it would be a great time. Is it a done deal for sure? Also, might be nice to have a shelter during the day that has walls and doors. If it is one of those real bad days we occasionally get in October, the shelter would be a nice place for all to gather.

Mark W

Looks like I'll have to show up and lower the average age a little bit......

This sounds like it would be a great time. Is it a done deal for sure? Also, might be nice to have a shelter during the day that has walls and doors. If it is one of those real bad days we occasionally get in October, the shelter would be a nice place for all to gather.

Mark W
You mean... like a 8x10 Canvas wall tent?

It looks like 7 hours 45 minutes for me to get to Goose Island from my place. Let me see what I can do...... Sounds like it would be a good time.

I'd like to make it 10/24-25. Will wait to see if my health is up to it. I've been laid up this past Fall/Winter will pulmonary embolism in both lungs, and missed my first duck season in over 60 years.

I've met a few of you, and know all of you through this site. It would be great to share a meal with all of you. I'm good for venison chili, and tenderloins!

Art

Yea I miss him too. I'd love to join the group if it happens. I've met a couple of the fellas and heard plenty from dad about the rest. Be fun to put faces with names and talk smart. And maybe scare a duck or two.

Well guys, my dance card has filled up and as sad as it makes me, starting Sept 21 I will be under confinement for 6 weeks at Mayo for my stem cell transplant. There goes my 2017 waterfowl season same place the 2016 one went. Maybe a whitetail will make a mistake in November. I don't think I have missed a liar fest yet but I do need to get well for future years. You all have a good time and tip one for me.

Back