Another ND season over!!!

Looks like some fine hunts.
Tell us more about Huck. Is that a wirehair Griffon?

Our season On long Island does not even start till the middle of November.

I need to start hunting SD

Congratulations, John, my grouse hunting partner's parents switched over to breeding pudlepointers from German Shorthairs. Hunter has a two year old male from their first litter with tremendous bird sense and drive that he hunts primarily on grouse.

Odd you didn't pull any ducks into those spreads of geese. Even in a sandhill crane set we will get ducks to commit routinely when we set in grain. We have more work getting lessers into our spreads when hunting in NoDak (west and north of you) than giants. Basically, the reverse of what we experience here in the U.P. where they pile-in usually on the first pass. i suspect the birds we shoot here arrive fresh from their breeding grounds...

One suggestion: Try McCormick's Montreal Steak Seasoning at about 1tbsp. per breast pair with light or extra light olive oil (higher flash point that Extra Virgin Olive Oil) as a 24hour marinade in a zip-loc and then grilled to preference, as long as they go no further than medium rare. Very good recipe for honkers, particularly with baked butternut squash with some nutmeg blended in and red potatoes!

Wow, John, congratulations there is some good eatin'!!! We hunt closer to Lostwood, but well away from Kenmare. When I am up at Westhope, we see a lot of white geese, but the only birds we generally shoot are cripples working their way back across the border to the refuge water. Most of our field sets are for sandhills with a separate pod of geese out. Take care! I think I made the right call this year based on the virus incidence. When I factored-in that Karen is very high risk as an asthmatic and owner of a modified mitral valve that Mayo thoracic surgeons installed a fall of hunting exclusively in the U.P. isn't a bad compromise. Stay safe!

Atta boy Hootie! Great pics man. Thanks for sharing. Huck working hard with those big honkers. I used to try to shoot the little ones whenever possible. They're fun in the big flocks.

Back