Another New Guy

Tom Tyler

Hello fellow waterfowl hunters. I've been a lurker for some time after being turned on to the site by a friend.

As to me, I live in a small town in the the North Palouse Region of Washington next to the Idaho Border. Previously, I lived in the Puget Sound area and hunted waterfowl on Skagit Bay for over 20 years and Whatcom County and Grant County, as well. I find myself hunting upland game more than ducks these days, but waterfowl still "stirs the blood". I've hunted waterfowl on three flyways and in five states. I prefer the company of Chesapeake Bay Retrievers or American Water Spaniels over most people.

From a couple of other sites, I recognize some good people here and look forward to some good exchanges with some others.

Welcome to the site Tom! I love the Palouse region of WA. It's a beautiful area of the country.

Good morning, Tom~

Welcome aboard! Lots of experience, expertise and excellence hereabouts - always presented with helpfulness and good manners.

All the best,

SJS

Welcome, Tom. Just looking forward to this fall and seeing maybe an article by you about a hunt. Of course I will be reading with care what you had to say about who you prefer in the blind with you. I happen to agree.
Al

Thanks again to everyone for the warm welcome. Yes, I'm liking this site a lot already.

Al, I'll try to post something on one of my "less than seriously hardcore" expeditions into the Great Outdoors this Fall. Being an old, out of shape, loner with a bad back, the bag is seldom a limit. Usually, the safari is just me, the Chesapeake and my walk along wife with the NE WA NF woods for forest grouse, the local Palouse for pheasants, Huns and CA quail or the riparian marshes of Central WA for waterfowl as the setting.

Back