Any experience with sportsmansguide.com?

quane

Can anyone vouch for this business? They sell on ebay,and have a web site (looks a little dodgy - what don't they sell?).
Would like to hear if anyone has used their Bond grass mats.
Thanks,
Dave Quane

I can't speak for their grass mats, but I have ordered from them a couple of times and had good luck. Their products have been accurately described. One thing they have that I can recommend is their Gamma Seal bucket lids. These are a screw top lid that snaps on to a 5 gallon bucket. They are waterproof, make a good seat and are dang handy for hauling shells, calls, lunch, etc when you are walking in somewhere to hunt.

Jim S

I used to buy a fair amount of stuff from them, occasionally you can get a great deal. If you join their "buyer's club" the deals are even better.

The place they nail you is on shipping and handling. I'm not sure what they do to "handle" the goods, but it sure is expensive compared to other places.

Joking aside, they are able to advertise better prices because they bury some of their profit in the handling charges.

I've gotten away from using them, but they are legit.

Can't say how the bond mats are. By the way the local wal-mart carries some cheap grass stuff now, ghost grass or something like that. It is a lot thinner than the mats I own.

I've had good luck with the Avery grass mats (I think it was them). Mine have lasted many years.

Charlie

Same comments as Charlie, If you buy 40-11 things the shipping isn't that bad. If you're looking for just a single inexpensive item wait for it or order more stuff you want anyway.

Back