APRIL - What's on your work bench?

Great work everyone. Geoff I want to pick up that ruddy and check the underside of the bill there is something cool going on there.

Cool birds Steve, I like the Whimbrel, Nice lines.

Great work by everyone.

I finished these a couple weeks ago but haven't had a chance to post...........

Pat~

Great 'bills! And, I really appreciate your thoughts about self-righting. Trim and motion are important - but, like you, I've never seen self-righting as a requirement in my own rig.

All the best,

SJS

Great carving Mike hope to see it when it's all painted!!
When I get all my Eiders and Scoters done for my rig I'm going to carve some different things to throw in. A Razor Bill or two are at the top of the list!!

Thanks Carl, I appreciate it!

Al, You probably see more wigeon than anyone I know. Coming from you That means alot! Thanks.

Jode,

I love those wigeon! Are they for your rig or for a customer?

After sitting in your class at ODCCA last year, it is fun trying to break down the paint in my head to see how you got the depth you did. Not that I could replicate it, but just fun thinking about the steps you took to get there.

Love 'em!

Brad Niemeyer

Hi Brad, thanks for the compliment. They were just something I made on a whim.....I make very few wigeon and thought I needed to give a pair a shot. Nearly all the paint is wet on wet as I did out in my seminar. It takes a bit of forethought to do it this way but it gives nice results as it dries and mellows.

Thank you Bob....coming from the widgeon master I really appreciate it!

After talking to Pat Gregory at Westlake, he said I should try and do a decoy in about three hours and not worry about competing it, so I tried it out, had fun and this is what I came up with.

Back