Attn: all ny gun owners

John P

http://www.examiner.com/article/ny-state-bill-to-require-liability-insurance-as-condition-of-gun-ownership

This was recently introduced.

John~

Note earlier thread on this same bill. Here was my reply:

"[font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]All~

Thanks for sending this info along. I just wrote (e-mail, actually) to my NYS electeds: Assemblyman, Senator and Governor Cuomo.

I pointed out that:

1) We do not require insurance for other Constitutionally-guaranteed civil rights (speech, religion)

2) Analogy with car insurance is invalid. We do not need insurance to possess cars, only to use them on public highways.

3) Added cost - especially to young hunters - and a windfall to insurance industry.

Also, I have requested repeal of the NY SAFE Act (so-called) provision that bans internet ammo sales. I save lots of money buying my 2 3/4" steel shells by the case. And, I suspect this provision violates "commerce clause" of US Constitution.

I suppose I run the risk of becoming the stereotypical retired crackpot, but - having worked in government for 35 years - i have come to believe in the words of Edmund Burke: "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

Also, I'll be meeting with my assemblyman in a couple of weeks to discuss in person.

All the best,

SJS
[/font]

Don't forget to the attend the Rally in Albany on Feb. 28th at the Capital building.....
It is very important that everyone try to be there.

Zane

Thanks for the update hadnt been on in a while. I will be at the Atlanta rally this saturday....2/23(.223) get it. In light of that law I switched my residence to a gun friendly state. If this recent law gets overturned, I will switch it back

Steve,
I just bumped my old post back up. It has all the info. This should be pretty big. There are different gun stores and such supplying buses to get to the rally. I can't stress enough how important it is for gun owners from all over NY to attend this rally.

Zane

Back