Backwater mud motors

Glad it's working for you Jeff! Did you run much in the shallows? There can be a good 5-10mph difference between deep water and the shallows, your boat will really jump up and plane faster in shallow water.

Cody, I did run some shallows, but I wasn't really able to get on it to much. There's a lot vegetation and turns through the sawgrass. Basically you are running a airboat trail. I did find my limits as to how shallow I can run. About four inches of water and grass with soft bottom, and I'm stuck. Next time I go out I'll go somewhere different where I can run some open shallow water, and see how much of difference it makes in speed. I think if I work on the weight distribution a little I might gain some too. I'm glad I went with a Backwater..... it's amazing how smooth and easy it is to drive compared to my other motors.

I knew you'd like that Backwater motor!

Gator Glide the bottom of your boat and have Hopkins Propeller in Covington Louisiana "triple cup" your wheel and you'll be unstoppable.

If you look at a standard longtail mud motor prop it will have what they call a slight "cup" at the leading edge of the wheel, aka prop. When you encounter the need to get a bite on the bottom or try to dig, a standard mud motor prop will screw you into the ground like a drill bit. (I have snapped the handle off a longtail trying to pry my motor back up out of the mud using a standard wheel) I get Glen Hopkins to rework all my props to give me more cup which creates more bite and gets me up and out of places that most folks get stuck in.

Back