Best full bodied mallard field decoys/shells?

With the lack of rain will be hunting on mud flats again ao want to add some full body decoys any ideas, has anyone made any?

greenhead gear in my opinion are the best looking. i havent owned any but i saw them in gander mountain and they looked great. i own a few dozen of there bluebills and some mallard ringneck and widgeon floaters and have had no problems with the quality of those decoys.

also theres a marty hanson that carved the originals for final approachs new full body and floater decoys and those are also very handsome looking birds. find those in redhead or basspro.

the ghg dekes are cheaper in price

eddie

Have to ask Brian F..but at the Delta get together a week or so ago, there was some really nice looking full bodies the moved with a breeze. I think they were Greenhead gear.

i just bought some GHG motion shells. Like them a lot and they are pretty reasonable when priced against fullbodies!
:)

Yup, Lee. Made in China, but the flocked heads (on the goose dekes) and their real motion stakes.... Holy smokes, they look great for the $$, that for both geese and the mallards.

And as Justin posted here too, the mallard shells on motion stakes are a close 2nd, and even better priced...

Last edited:
I agree with ghg vote. We use the mallards, blacks and some geese. They look great and the movement is a nice touch as well. I would also buy the sloted decoy bags we noticed a big difference in the paint wear using these bags.

Back