Boat Sale with a Cause

Brad Taylor (NC)

Hey guys...I rarely post and most often just lurk but touched base with Eric via Instagram and he gave me the OK.

Many of you might remember that I teach school but have the side business of Toller Boatworks where I've been building duck boats for almost 2 decades now. Most recently I've been working on an Air Traffic Control for a gentleman out of Yuma, AZ. I had not taken a boat order in 3 years, and had turned down many chances, as my other side business was doing so well. Regardless, when Andy contacted me last September he kind of hit me at the right time as the building bug was there and he was just an overall nice guy. He had admired my boats for years and was semi-retired independent contractor for the military. After several conversations, I relented and said that if we could get the started around my spring break where I could finish in early summer, leaving me time to stock up on cutting boards, I would be willing to build him a boat.

We had stayed in contact throughout and Andy was making plans to make the trip from Arizona to pick up his new ride. About a month ago, he reached out to let me know that he had been diagnosed with some type of long named cancer but was upbeat about it. Said he had been through chemo about 20 years ago and while his current cancer wasn't curable it was treatable. We last spoke on June 22nd and were looking at dates for pick up. His wife called me June 29th to let me know that he had passed away as result of complications with the chemo. I was floored to say the least and couldn't imagine what their family was going through. I told his wife Helen that I would do my best to find a buyer so that she wouldn't have to deal with it even though she offered to pay the remaining balance but said it might be some time before she could arrange pick up.

With all of that being said, I'm working diligently to find a buyer. The boat is the ATC and is 16' long and about 60" on the rail. Andy had gone for all options including the kevlar bottom, permanent below deck fuel tank with fuel gauge at the control panel, and removable grab bar. He had also purchased an EZ Loader trailer through me. Andy's boat also rates for a 40 hp and 3 people/1050lbs of persons/motor/gear

You can see pictures of the current build on the Toller Boatworks Facebook page or @tollerboatworks on Instagram. There are also additional pictures on my webpage, https://www.tollerboatworks.com/the-air-traffic-control-atc Here's a picture of a previously completed boat and there are some minor differences/upgrades to the current build. There is no front hatch on this boat as that's where the permanent tank/fuel fill is located.
7ce9cd_091acc5f21df4817a0ce5aec5cded78a~mv2_d_2048_1370_s_2.webp

After I started Andy's build I realized how much some of my materials had increased since 2017 and it had been 5 or so years since I had done any price increases, however, Andy's boat is at 2019 pricing which would save close to 2K off current pricing.

The cost of the package is $8580 which includes:
ATC - $6000
Kevlar bottom - $750
Below Deck Fuel Tank w/fuel gauge - $400
Grab Bar - $100
Wise Cordura Seat Cushion - $80
EZ Loader Trailer $1250

You're welcome to reach out with any questions you might have, 704-232-0272. Rare chance to get a boat from me without being on a waiting list and I most likely already have an order for next year. If you know of anyone that might be interested in purchasing it I would appreciate you sending them my way.

Thanks,
Brad

I wish I was in the right place to purchase this boat. If there was any way I could, I would. I'm confident you'll find a buyer.

Back