Chessie pup needed

Dave Church

I have a friend and old Hunter Safety Instructor buddy who called tonight to tell me his 9 year old Chessie passed away yesterday. He is looking for a pup and I was wondering if anybody knew of any breeders or litters in the Mid Atlantic area. Any help would be appreciated.

Dave

(PA) CH Pond Hollow B-Spoken (CH MARJAN'S IT'S All IN THE GAME MH x CH Pond Hollow B Mine Again) OFA 10799G; EL2639-N; EYE 458/15-20*; DM 1775-N; PRA 66-N; Cardiac 228-N; ED/SF 09-N; EIC-CBP x GCH CH North Flow American Exclusive BN RN NA NAJ (GCH Chesaroyal Talkin Bout Jackson CD, RA, JH x CH Pond Hollow American Girl CD RE AX AXJ) OFA CB-10909G38F-VPI (good); Elbows CB-EL2732F38-VPI (normal); Eyes CB-381378 (normal) PRA-CBP; EIC-CBP; DM-CBP. This litter will be due mid-September and be available at 8 weeks of age. Pups will be raised in our home, have pre-paid microchips/AKC registration, and be PRA/EIC/DM clear by pedigree . For more information contact: Dawn Logan, Phone: 724-244-4885 Found on Retriever Forum

Dave,
Have him check out TeamChesapeake.com The have puppy listing. Another resource would be the American Chesapeake Club website. They have a list of breeders.
My current dog is done hunting and I am thinking of getting a pup in the next year. I would like to get another chessie. However, the prices I see for pups are way north of what I want to pay. This is for pups that parents may not have much for titles, if any. I love chessies, have shown and run them in tests and trials. A puppy is nothing but potential. Parents titles given an idea of what the potential might be. That said, you can get a great dog from parents with no titles. I am not going to pay more that $1000 for a pup from untitled parents.
My next pup will more than likely be a lab from a breeder who I know.
Tom

Good luck to you and your friend. If he finds that pup, post a picture of it---Please. Thank you.
Al

Thanks everyone. I have passed on your info and am leaving it to my friend to find his new pup. Thanks again!

Dave

Back