CMC PT-130 questions

Hi Everyone;

I recently purchased a CMC PT-130 power tilt and trim for my boat. I have a Mercury 40M short shaft motor. The motor has a clamp on transom mounting system. I am concerned that with the CMC accessory clamp on plate ( required for my type of motor mounting) that the motor will be mounted too high and the prop will be exposed. Has anyone used a a CMC unit on a short shaft motor with the required accessory ( CMC ) mounting plate, and did you have any negative results?

Thanks
Jeff Kakaley

I have used one of both the larger and smaller CMC units with good results. I've not had your specific combination but I don't think you will have any issues. There has always seemed to be plenty of adjustment to do whatever I needed to do. Remember that with the additional setback from the PTT unit you can probably raise the motor an inch or so higher than it was originally. I've found the units to be a nice upgrade.

Gene

I run a weld craft Tunnel hull (20" transom) with cmc pt130 & Merc 40M.

The 40M has 3 positions where you can bolt the engine to the CMC. I run my engine on the middle position with a 15 pitch Merc Vengence prop. When I change the prop to a Power Tech Rmb 12p I should be able to raise it up another notch.

If you have trouble with cavitation you will need to work with your prop. The guys at Power Tech are great guys to work with. If you want to try my Vengence 15p I will give you a great deal on it.

Or use a jackplate that moves up and down so you have adjustment up or down. The CMC is just a tilt plate right?

Thanks for the replies. I should have the unit installed by the weekend so we'll see how everything lines up at that time. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. At first glance it looks like the prop is going to be high, but with the setback it might just make it. I'll post up as to how this turns out. I should have messed around with this months ago.

Jeff.

Back