Decoy storage / transportation

CJ Tort

I recently finished my first set of cedar decoys and I am concerned about how to transport them in the boat. I normally use a canvas slotted bag for my cork decoys, however they still get banged around. Does anyone have any suggestions about how to transport them in the boat? I was thinking about constructing a wooden box that would double as a seat, I just think it would be too bulky. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks
CJ

Most of us just use the canvas bags, or just stack them in the boat. You can add a single pocket fleece bag inside the canvas bag for some xtra protection if you want.

No matter how you slice though they dekes will get wear. All part of the game IMHO............

cork, solid, hollow, doesn't matter they all get treated the same in my boat. If one needs to be babied more, it wasn't intended to be a decoy. The old timers didn't even use bags.

cork, solid, hollow, doesn't matter they all get treated the same in my boat. If one needs to be babied more, it wasn't intended to be a decoy. The old timers didn't even use bags.

HAH! I agree...

It's one of my hang ups to spending too much money on more expensive wooden decoys. I hate to see things I spend a ton of money on getting banged up and scratched. I prefer to either buy cheap stuff that can be fixed up or replaced, or, expensive stuff that can take a beating. Slowly but surely, I've managed to switch my gear from the cheap/beater side to the more expensive/rugged higher quality stuff - from the gun I am using, to the boat. But it's the decoys that I'm hesitant to switch. Like someone else wrote, "I need to win the lottery!" :)

Anthony

hope they are not divers as the first trip out they will have holes and not because of termites. their tools ,simpkle as that. leave them on the shelf if you want them in pristene shape . I got about 75 corkers and cedars, they are well shot over

Back