deks with legs ?

Yes, An as you know it's now extinct. It was over shot. A very tasty bird. It never migrated very far south. It hung around warm springs in Canada, but the winter of the blue snow finally caused it's demise.

Rodney what exactly is your question? Yes people use this type of decoy, in fields, shallow waters, on shore. I like big foot decoys myself and use them when appropriate.

Sorry for the confusion but in my area we have never used them . Only seen them in the magazines but thinking about giving them a try Thanks

I am guessing that you are trying to ask about the full body decoys now being made by Greenhead Gear and Hard Core and being sold as the next best thing by all the retailers?

Yes they work in areas where ducks are able to stand in shallow water or on shore. they can even be used to fool ducks into thinking that other ducks are standing in shallow water by using a short length of PVC to hold them up off the water surface.

The full bodies and shells for ducks are being used for field hunting as well these days.

Decoys on shore have been around for about 10,000 years based on the findings at Lovelock Cave in Nevada.

Well I got some coming from good ole Cabelas . We all use floating deks here in central Texas . Thought maybe something different will help them weary birds . I don't know but its still fun .

Back