DUCKBOAT SEATS - How low can we go?

Troy Fields said:
These work great in my Duckwater. As stated, they are tall, but are very comfortable and swivel easily. On year three with these.

Troy,

My gunning partner and I bought those seats when they first came out. They came with a nylon sling for carrying.

Used mostly for dove hunting (good way to carry water for the dogs), also as a sturdy storage unit and reliable seat on all trips out west, and to the Duck Factory.

Even though they do not tilt back. We called em LAZYBOYS, cuz they were top of the line seats back then.

They also worked well during the Ohio Sept. Teal season in certain places.

Still have mine, but it does not get the use as it once did. In fact it's full of my dove decoys, waiting to go back to work.

Best regards
Vince

Howdy All, The best and only seat for a BBSB is a small trailer tire that is blown up to what feels right to you. Use a padded backboard your good to go. At my advanced age comfort is everything. Stay Well. Fritz.

Fritz...my dad is an aircraft mechanic and every time he has to change tires he is required to throw away the "old" inner tubes inside the tires. Or at least he can't re-use them. I have gotten a handful of them over the years and he is happy to send them to me whenever I ask. When they get blown up to "just right" they are about as perfect a turkey seat as I have ever had (other than an actual chair in a popup blind). Been using them for at least 10 years now. They are much bigger than wheel barrow tires and way more comfy. I will have to keep one on hand for hunting out of the canoe...I shoulda thought about that

Dani

The above seat From a Shell Lake Mallard Queen is made of the tongue and grove strip planking that Shell Lake used on some of the there boats.

Steve Sanford said:
Thomas~

Looks like it's about 6 or 7 inches high. Got dimensions?

Thanks!

SJS

Hi Steve, The dimensions for the Shell Lake Duck boat seat are.
14 1/2 length
12 1/4 wide
4 1/4 height
Tom

Back