duckboats.net, THE Place for Duckboat Info

Eric Patterson

Staff member
Here lately I've been reading some of the FB duckboat groups and the info provided in them is often sub-par to the knowledge collectively we possess. Calling it like I see it! I sit on my hands in those places because I want to put all my energy in this community! I am PROUD OF THIS COMMUNITY! It is rare I see anyone in those places refer to duckboats.net for help (big shoutout to Dave Diefenderfer, Jode Hillman, Anthony Babich, and everyone else who mentions us on social media). It feels like the duck hunting community is largely oblivious to this tremendous resource. We hold more useful info than those places could ever muster. A fact that FIRES me up!

As we settle into the new forum system I want this community with its talent and skills put on FULL DISPLAY. When new folks come here, they will realize FB groups can't hold a candle to our resources. We possess and present duckboat info better than any social media platform and this site is the go-to place for such info, plus a whole lot more in the duck hunting space.

With that said I'm pleased to announce Richard Lathrop has a Barnegat Bay Sneakbox build underway and will be documenting the build in the Resources section. One idea behind that section is community members can add content whenever they have a project that is better served than by a forum post alone.

I want to let everyone know if you have a project, past or present, that you think belongs in the Resources section, let me know and I can configure a section that will house your project. All you have to do is populate the section with your project where it will be readily available for the duration. I also want to see the Duckboat Database grow. Take a few minutes and add pictures/info that you have of past and present duckboats. That section can grow into the best collection of duckboat info anywhere, ever.

Thanks for your contributions and let's show the duck hunting world when they come here to our small and tight community, WE ARE THE PLACE TO BE.

Here lately I've been reading some of the FB duckboat groups and the info provided in them is often sub-par to the knowledge collectively we possess. Calling it like I see it! I sit on my hands in those places because I want to put all my energy in this community! I am PROUD OF THIS COMMUNITY! It is rare I see anyone in those places refer to duckboats.net for help (big shoutout to Dave Diefenderfer, Jode Hillman, Anthony Babich, and everyone else who mentions us on social media). It feels like the duck hunting community is largely oblivious to this tremendous resource. We hold more useful info than those places could ever muster. A fact that FIRES me up! As we settle into the new forum system I want this community with its talent and skills put on FULL DISPLAY. When new folks come here, they will realize FB groups can't hold a candle to our resources. We possess and present duckboat info better than any social media platform and this site is the go-to place for such info, plus a whole lot more in the duck hunting space. With that said I'm pleased to announce Richard Lathrop has a Barnegat Bay Sneakbox build underway and will be documenting the build in the Resources section. One idea behind that section is community members can add content whenever they have a project that is better served than by a forum post alone. I want to let everyone know if you have a project, past or present, that you think belongs in the Resources section, let me know and I can configure a section that will house your project. All you have to do is populate the section with your project where it will be readily available for the duration. I also want to see the Duckboat Database grow. Take a few minutes and add pictures/info that you have of past and present duckboats. That section can grow into the best collection of duckboat info anywhere, ever. Thanks for your contributions and let's show the duck hunting world when they come here to our small and tight community, WE ARE THE PLACE TO BE.
Absolutely!

Here lately I've been reading some of the FB duckboat groups and the info provided in them is often sub-par to the knowledge collectively we possess. Calling it like I see it! I sit on my hands in those places because I want to put all my energy in this community! I am PROUD OF THIS COMMUNITY! It is rare I see anyone in those places refer to duckboats.net for help (big shoutout to Dave Diefenderfer, Jode Hillman, Anthony Babich, and everyone else who mentions us on social media). It feels like the duck hunting community is largely oblivious to this tremendous resource. We hold more useful info than those places could ever muster. A fact that FIRES me up!

As we settle into the new forum system I want this community with its talent and skills put on FULL DISPLAY. When new folks come here, they will realize FB groups can't hold a candle to our resources. We possess and present duckboat info better than any social media platform and this site is the go-to place for such info, plus a whole lot more in the duck hunting space.

With that said I'm pleased to announce Richard Lathrop has a Barnegat Bay Sneakbox build underway and will be documenting the build in the Resources section. One idea behind that section is community members can add content whenever they have a project that is better served than by a forum post alone.

I want to let everyone know if you have a project, past or present, that you think belongs in the Resources section, let me know and I can configure a section that will house your project. All you have to do is populate the section with your project where it will be readily available for the duration. I also want to see the Duckboat Database grow. Take a few minutes and add pictures/info that you have of past and present duckboats. That section can grow into the best collection of duckboat info anywhere, ever.

Thanks for your contributions and let's show the duck hunting world when they come here to our small and tight community, WE ARE THE PLACE TO BE.
I don't go to many other sites besides sites in my area or a FB group called layouts and sneak boats or a vintage decoy, calls and hunting history site. I mentioned duckboats.net when information about a Garvey was requested. That's when Hal I signed up and posted about his Garvey. Still the best site on the world wide web!

Last edited:
Back