Ever heard of Decoys Unlimited from Eria, PA?

Joe - That drake Mallard is one of the best I've seen. Looks more like a mantle decoy than one of his standard gunners, man what a combing job!

Jack Sweet had a shop just south of I90 on Route 8. He was there til the early 80's when he moved to Colorado to guide. Near the end he was buying solid plastic heads for his decoys. (a friend had a barrel full of them) I was just out of high school and bought an A5 from him but could not afford his decoys at that time$$ A few years ago someone bought the building and the duplicating lathe was still in the corner.
A couple days later I approached the new owner about buying the lathe and was told he sold it for scrap.
I think all of Jack's decoys have been retired around here, John

Indeed I have....my Dad worked with him in '56--58. We became very good friends with his family, I believe his in-laws owned Serrafini's restaurant. I used to go to work with Dad every chance I got....love to marvel at the machinery that turned the blocks of balsa wood into decoys. Amazing to a third grader. Dad and Jack went on many hunting trips together. I remember Jack had a standing order from Abercroby and Fitch in New York city for all the decoys he could make and ship. He just couldn't keep up with the demand. We got I don't know how many decoys back then....and we still have some. We divided them up amongst the kids in our family. They are beautiful works of art. When my Dad passed, I got a Pintail ( my favorite ) desk lamp a work of art. I also came across some original sales brochures.....interesting! Thank you for asking about Decoys Unlimited.....brings back a lot of memories. My family moved from Sheffield area to Erie when Dad went to work there....a little difference in the winters up there! Thanks again....Stan O'Rourke.

Good morning, Chuck~

I still have a few copies of When the Broadbill was King on Great South Bay on hand - and we can always get more if demand warrants. The "movie" portion is 87 minutes long and the "slide show" portion has about 300 vintage images.

View attachment DISC ART - 1094 in red.jpg

If you want a copy of the DVD, just send me a personal check for $20 with "LIDCA Broadbill" on your memo line:

Steve Sanford
PENCIL BROOK FARM

160 Gannon Road
Buskirk, NY 12028

All the best,

SJS

Back