Excuse me, this seat is taken

Dani said:
Actually, this is probably the first time I have dedicated any time seriously to big game. I went out a couple times looooong time ago (like think when Dave Parks was around) muzzleload hunting for deer on a permit I pulled. I have shot pigs, but they are usually incidental...like while I am duck or quail hunting. And they are close enough to kill easily even with bird shot. So, this is actually the first time I have dedicated any real time to chasing a deer. I could have shot a nice deer once while duck hunting, even with #4 shot I could have ethically killed him. But that spot was archery only for deer. All the other deer I have killed (5 of them) have been with the FJ.

OMG, 5 with the FJ. WOW! It sounded like you were having a good time with the shotgun, but I see you are expert level with a vehicle.

tod osier said:
OMG, 5 with the FJ. WOW! It sounded like you were having a good time with the shotgun, but I see you are expert level with a vehicle.

We all have to be skilled at something.

Dani,

I tip my hat to you deer hunting in such conditions. A combination of skill and courage to put Venison in the freezer.

As for the FJ, trauma and good Venison seldom happen. Sometimes looks can be deceiving.... until ya peel em.

A man that I worked with at Sharon Steel, lived in Clarion, PA. A long drive on I-80 to get to work each day especially in winter. He always had a small chain saw in his pickup. When I would look in the bed of his truck there were always deer hams from road kills come winter time. He had a keen eye for what was edible and what was not. He was a PA Ridge Runner to the bone.

I wish you much deer hunting success.

Best regards
Vince

I feel ya Dani...I'm left with trying to fill any deer tag up here with the muzzleloader at this point. Maybe this weekend if I can get my truck back.

Back