federal duck stamp problems

Tom L

has anyone in NJ been able to get a federal duck stamp
have tried all of the local post office's and have been told they will not bring them in for another month.

that would be at the end of the sept early goose season

one lady at the post office said she had some but was ordered to send them back for some reason, and the other two have your typical non american workers who are anti's and give me a hassle every year.

have you picked yours up yet?

Not from NJ but I ordered mine last week from the USPS site and received them in 3 or 4 days

Bass Pro, Academy and Walmart down here all carry them.
If a postal employee gives you a hard time about buying a duck stamp, write the postmaster general.

every year over in monroe you get the same indian lady
complaining that I kill all the poor ducks and geese

should sue them like anyone else would,

just ordered on line, hopefully it comes in a timely fashion

I'm not in NJ but bought mine at the Post Office close to a month ago. Here in PA you can now buy them through the state license system. You get a temporary good for 45 days and the real stamp comes in the mail.

Last edited:
Ask for the postmaster and ask him... If you don't get the right answer, ask for his name and supervisors phone number.
Had a clerk that didn't like guns and would ask me to go to another clerk. Spoke to the postmaster and it was resolved. Don't see her any longer? Tell the postmaster of the early season, he may not know...

Thankfully we have one real local mom and pop bait and tackle still alive here. Bought all my license, stamps two weeks ago.

Here in NE Ohio, could not find one to save my life last week, the day before the local blind drawing, where it is needed to apply. Tried all of the nearby post offices, Wal Marts and everything I could think of.

Next day, found one 40 minutes away at Gander Mountain.

Jon

All~

Just bought my Duck Stamp at my local Post Office. They did mention that they were a bit late this year but were now on hand.

BTW: I always print out a small card with my name and current-year HIP on it - then put the Stamp on the other side.

I ordered my licenses on-line last night - so I am now ready for the new season.

All the best,

SJS

https://store.usps.com/store/browse/uspsProductDetailMultiSkuDropDown.jsp?categoryNav=false&navAction=push&navCount=0&atg.multisite.remap=false&categoryId=duck-stamps&productId=S_335401

At my local post office, they told me that the stamp would be available in Sept. 1st. I was baffled because that's cutting it mighty close on dove season. Just out of curiosity, I swung in another post office a few days later. They had a whole book in stock, and said that they'd been there since July 1st. I wonder if each post office is responsible for ordering it? (I did get the first stamp from the whole book...I took that as a good omen for the upcoming season!)

I bought mine today at a local post office that has them every year. The clerk asked if the season was getting close? I was his second customer today and he'd had them "all summer" without any previous sales. I said, "sure is, Thursday is our opener for geese".

Good luck finding them guys, most of our towns don't have enough demand to bother with them and I've been offered the previous years stamp before because they didn't understand the stamp and it's seasons.

Scott

Last edited:
you can get them on line through Colorado 24/7 ,carry the receipt for up to 45 days ,the stamp comes in the mail in a week or so. Good to know if you find yourself needing one At 4 in morning .

I get mine at my local post office

Purchased my 51st consecutive duck stamp, at out local PO, half a block from home. The very friendly young clerk said they were on the third batch of stamps, and they were selling like hot cakes. She also said that two other local PO's, had sold out and were awaiting more. One of the PO, for many years, was known the the smallest PO in the USA.

There are many advantages to living in a very rural place, where the unofficial color all year is CAMO, with barn boots.

Back