Fight It, Or Not? (Any Cops Here Feel Free To Weigh In. My feelings Won't Be Hurt If You Say I Deserve It)

I would pay the ticket and let it go Eric. Don't expect a traffic court judge to let you off, I think that is unlikely.

I'd pay it and let it go. The juice isn't worth the squeeze.

Law enforcement is out to serve and protect, unfortunately, the LEO you encountered took things personally. No telling why some officers take things to that level because it doesn't bode well as a public servant to approach folks in a hostile manner. Citations are just another form of taxation.

Paul Taylor said:
Law enforcement is out to serve and protect, unfortunately, the LEO you encountered took things personally. No telling why some officers take things to that level because it doesn't bode well as a public servant to approach folks in a hostile manner.

Everyone has a bad day. Unfortunately in certain professions a bad day can be bad all the way around for everyone. My position in LE allows me to choose when to interact with the public or other LE for the most part, so when I am fed up with people hounding me I can wait on calling anyone back. Not everyone in LE is so fortunate, as Eric found out.

Taking a deep breath and counting to ten to calm down is something that takes time and willpower to learn.

I side with Mark W., he's right. But the cop will probably show up. Its overtime for him to appear in court. If not the judge should dismiss the ticket. The new generation of cops are totally different from years ago. I would've swapped duck stories with you. Good Luck

Back