Following the setting sun

Chris Finch

Finally after waiting for Nikki?s recruiter to do her job for too long, we have a plan.

Nikki just accepted an offer in Salem, Oregon. This is much closer to where we wanted to be in coastal Oregon so we can check out properties and explore the area much easier. This should allow for opportunities for spearfishing as well....

I have some loose plans to meet up with a few guys from here out there, hopefully it works out and I can hook up with RD Nelle and gun over my traveling decoy.

If anyone else local is interested in letting me pick your brain about Oregon over an adult beverage let me know. I have always enjoyed meeting up with people from this site.

Also if anyone lives in Salem or close by and knows of some temporary housing let me know.

Looks like we will begin the mad dash to the wet coast the week of Jan 7th. Can?t wait to get back out there!!!

Salem area it is mostly land locked. What's open there is tough but decent hunting can be had. If you are willing to drive the bird hunting can be great.
Salem is centrally located at least. The rivers and cascades are amazing and offer a nice change from the marsh. I hunt from august to end of may with hardly any breaks between seasons!

This is the only forum I am part of. I don't know what others shoot around here. Here is our annual family shoot this year. This is a lot of years at work but some motivation for you.

Pm me and I can try to point you in a direction. I have such a large waterfowl family its tough to squeeze someone on a hunt. However, I don't mind taking someone deer or bear hunting.

Welcome to the wet?!

View attachment 2018122095125730.jpg

Last edited:
Back