Got my first covid shot on saturday

I am considered an infrastructure worker so 1b. I just received my second shot last week Friday. I would say I had a fairly common response to it. I felt run down, then a little queasy in the stomach, finally had a low grade on and off fever for 12 hours. Most of which was overnight so I just slept. The next day I was a little run down. All in all it felt like getting sick but didn't last long.

I would do it again if I had to wasn't the end of the world.

Brandon~

Glad to hear you're all jabbed up!

We got Pfizer - getting 2nd shots next week. Which vaccine did you get? (Hope I'm not violating HIPPA.....)

All the best,

SJS

Received my 2nd shot of Pfizer this a.m So far so good. Picked up a bottle of Evan Williams Single Barrel this cold, rainy afternoon to help ward off any side effects. Works!

Steve,
I had Moderna but I think the mixed bag on the second shot doesn't really care which one you get. I have known people with both that had anywhere from no symptoms to worse then I had it.

Glad you guys are all getting stabbed I want you to be around showing off decoys for a long time.

My Gramma has gotten both of her shots. The first one she ended up with dangerously high blood pressure and vertigo so severe she couldn't stand up to get to the kitchen to get the number to call the nurse responder. Luckily she knows her sisters number and was able to call her to call the nurse responder. She spent three days in the hospital having every test known to man conducted on her to try to figure out the problem and bring down her blood pressure. They couldn't find anything wrong with her so sent her home after the bp came down and the vertigo went away. Her second shot she had the same reaction, though not so severe. She hadn't ever suffered from vertigo or high bp before. Drs think now her hospital visit was caused by the first shot.

I got my first shot yesterday. My arm is sore today and a bit swollen at injection site. I felt a little headachey today but that could be anything. I get my second shot in 3 weeks.

I got covid at the beginning of December and that really knocked me down. The only thing I can compare it to is when I had mono when I was 16. I wasn't real sick, just absolutely no energy. I slept 16-20 hours a day and was off work for a month. What really hurt is missing a couple weeks of duck hunting, a month and a half of goose hunting, 3 weekends of deer hunting, and I didn't make it out rabbit or pheasant hunting. I feel bad for my dogs.

Last edited:
Mike,
Just reading an article from The New York Times, that there are several studies saying if you've had Covid a single vaccine dose will boost your antibodies significantly. check it out...

George

Good luck with that 2nd shot this coming week, Steve. I hope all goes well for the two of you. I had my 2nd shot of Moderna on Feb. 15th. The first one was easy but I had some aches in both arms on the 2nd shot, later on in the afternoon. So I took a couple of aspirins and in less than an hour, no reactions whatsoever. I would say that I had a pretty easy time with it. My wife, Bev, will get her second shot this coming Friday.
Al

I still have no plans to get the shot. We will see what happens. Got a flu shot about 18 years back and remember that was the sickest I had been in a long time. Eventhough everyone says that's not possible.

We got the second last Sunday. The BOSS had a banging headache for a few days and all I had was a sore arm for about 24 hours. She is now back to her regular self.[;)]

Vince

Wow brother you sure the shot you with the virus shot not something else. Your feeling great. Dang I want some of your shot lol. So happy you guys are doing great. Trying to get my shot down here in Greene County its moving slow.

This if for those folks waiting for vaccination: Twenty-four percent reduction in Covid-19 infection rate and reduced hospitalization rates in infected patients for individuals who received a flue vaccine.

Impact of the Influenza Vaccine on COVID-19 Infection Rates and Severity - American Journal of Infection Control (ajicjournal.org)

My questionnaire asked whether I had received the influenza vaccine within the last twelve days. This was a screening question inserted to make sure that patents would not be vaccinated while another vaccine antigen was at work within their immune systems.

anthony m coons sr said:
Vince

Wow brother you sure the shot you with the virus shot not something else. Your feeling great. Dang I want some of your shot lol. So happy you guys are doing great. Trying to get my shot down here in Greene County its moving slow.

Anthony,

Yup, the real deal.

Was on various lists, but when the call came, to "Get Here Now!" I flew out the door. Vaccine supply iffy this far west of NYC, in the sticks.

Got the flu vaccine back in Sept. and no problem at all.

Hope that you get your Covid vaccine ASAP.

Best regards
Vince

Back