Homegrown design calling all critics

Rick Henderson

8ft custom molded pondbox.37lbs-reverse shoebox- backyard project-plug-mold-prototype-im happy with it-what do the experts think?
8ftpondbox.jpg

Im sure it will work.
What did you use to make the mold?

Do the edges set in to the water when you get in?

Is it all fiberglass and resin or is there core involved?

Thanks for the pictures.

[font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]
She looks supper! What size boot fits vertically (toe up) under the deck?

Scott,

Were you hungry when you wrote that? I assume you meant, super. :>) :>)
[/font]

Scott she is a bit tight in the back.Size 11 on a 45 , but i can adjust the next ones at the sheer to get more foot room.I kinda got carried away with the low profile thing.

Bob i used polyester resin and general skin mat yo make the mold and i didnt use any core in the proto but i will add some divinecell in the next ones and maybe some longetudinal ribs in the bottom to stiffen her up.The cut line is the dwl loaded, she sits like a suctioncup. It wasnt made for open water but it doesnt do bad...

Rick,

Thanks for the boot info. Stashing size 12s below deck is always tough in small pond boxes and layouts but it makes a huge difference if you are spending any time in one. Still looks supper!

And yes Dave, it was before I broke my fast this AM. As Lou says make one spelling mistake and someone's going to pick it up. :^)

Scott

Scott i was thinking of cutting the back deck out more to give me more room overall,but im still weighing out the labor-reward thing..I like the idea of being tucked away, but like you said comfort has priority.Most often i use some sort of gates anway.I DONT KNOW....My head is already in my next project now. Pondbox is a thing of the past around here.It seems that way anyway.

Rick...

That is an awesome boat you made there...It looks like it will be deadly...

Another thing is how long have you lived in Milville, NJ...Most of my father's side of the family lived there...I spent many of my youth summers in Milville and Stone Harbor at a family vacation house...I know people always think just because you from somewhere you know everybody, but I want to ask if you know any Felmeys or Sacharnoskis or Hallerans or Lores...My fathers side of the family actually changed their name to, now don't laugh but it is true...Dick...Only two out of 9 brothers kept the Sacharnoski name...Just wondered...I love that area of Jersey...

Regards,

Kristan

Kristan im glad you like the boat,thanks.Ive lived hereall my life and i do know a Felmey just cant think of his name -----he does fiberglass work and i bump into him every now and then.Russel-thats it and joe.

Hey Rick-I hunt in the Dividing Creek area. That craft looks pretty cool for the marshes. Let me know how it is gunning out of it. Can that be easily towed?

Thanks Greg,I hunt that area myself.This one has a flat bottom with no keel,but still isnt to bad .The next ones are going to have some longitudenal ribs on the bottom which will stiffen it and make it track nice.I will also add an inch or so to the sheerline to give it a little more room inside.Give me a shout when you are going to be in the area,maybe we can hookup and you can see first hand. capemaykid2@aol.com Rick

Back