How far do you need to look to find beauty?

Al Hansen

I was looking at some pictures from 3 to 4 years ago. I hope you will enjoy them. Makes me think of how lucky I am to be alive and be surrounded by God's beauty.
Al

IMG_5120.jpg

IMG_5771.jpg

IMG_6111.jpg

IMG_6542.jpg

IMG_6480.jpg

I had just taken my 4th teal on this morning when this is what I saw 5 minutes later.

9-22-07HeretheycomeB.jpg

My Lord, I love her so much!

MylordIlovethisdogsomuch.jpg

IMG_6827.jpg

I keep telling Bev, how much I hate having to go duck hunting before I cut firewood each day.

PB170121.jpg

PB200057.jpg

Some of Pepper's pups.

IMG_0988.jpg

What a thrill to have a pair of juvenile Trumpeter swans land in my spread.

PB290051.jpg

PB290038.jpg

IMG_7000.jpg

I've got my eye on you!

IMG_9321.jpg

IMG_9790-1.jpg

IMG_1440-1.jpg

Yes, even though the western diamondback rattlesnake frightens me, they are still a beautiful creature.

7-14-074feetofdiamondbackC.jpg

It will give you goose bumps when thousands of them fly over you right off the deck. Then when they pass and you realize that you weren't hit with a barrage of droppings, you then know you were darn lucky!

IMG_6525.jpg

A bonding pair of sandhills

IMG_4270.jpg

IMG_4667.jpg

IMG_4617.jpg

IMG_4416.jpg

IMG_4423.jpg

Some days a guy will get lucky. This flock of sprigs came in after I had already taken my one pintail for the day. The oversized decoys on the far left on the sand bar are 35 yards away. Which one would you pick out to shoot?

PB220103.jpg

Finally, in the life of a duck hunter there have been so many days where I have never shouldered my shotgun. After the day was over and I thought about it, I realized how fortunate I had been to be where I was. Not many can share the solitude, soak up the environment like a duck hunter can and then walk away totally satisfied.
Al

PC300013.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks Al. Great shots! That first one is perfect for me today. I'm trying to carve a decoy head and having trouble with the cheek to bill transition and that pic shows it perfectly. Luke

Thanks Al.

Beautiful !!
That last shot is my new desk top screen background (I hope you won't mind!)

Best,
Brian F.

Al those are fantastic pictures. I love the shoveler. If I was ever lucky enough I'd love to shoot photos with you and Gary Marsh. You two guys live in paradise

How much do you want for the last photo...That would look wonderful taken and printed on a canvas....

Regards,
Kristan

I gotta tell you that the crane courtship photos have got to be some of the best I've ever seen of recording their spectacular dance.

I believe those swans are trumpeters.

Back