Hunt in Peace

Phil Nowack

Today our old Chesapeake, Grizzly, went on to the Hunting grounds in the Sky. Perhaps in his wait for me, Someone will take him out, and will not miss any of shots, and will share their sandwhichs in the blind with him.

His hips were just to bad, and his epilepsy was taking too much out of him. He was only 11 1/2 years old. He will be missed...

Hunt in Peace old friend
View attachment Griz3.7.4.jpeg

View attachment Griz3.7.4.jpeg

Last edited:
Phil .

Sorry for the lose of your hunting partner, he will always be with you in the blind . Take care

Dave M

Phil,

Sorry to hear of your loss. Maybe Grizzly can wait with Bear my dad's old chessie who passed last fall. Grizzly was a handsome guy, those chessies are great dogs. I know you'll miss him.

Jim S

Phil,
My Chessie is sleeping at my feet. I will give her some extra love today because the time just goes to fast.

That picture is 100% Chessie. Siting waiting untill the end of time. When you finally see him again he will be sitting in that possition with that look on his face its what what they are.

Phil,

Sorry to hear this. It's always tough. I'm sure Gus and Hunter will keep him company.

Take care,

Ed L.

Phil,

Sorry to read about your loss. That is always tough. Must say Grizz was a mighty nice looking Chessie. I hope he is in a place where he can retrieve all day long.

Best to you,

Craig

Phil,sorry to hear of your loss.I dedicate this opening day bird hunt to Grizzly,with my two Britts.

Phil, Sorry to hear of your loss. Now Griz can run with no hip pain and play with Max,Jack, Bailey, Walker, Briget, Hunter and Gunnar. He'll be waiting.

Phil,

Sorry to hear about your friend and hunting partner. We know the feelings, they are still pretty fresh around here. As of end of March, I had to put Thor down. Here's a poem That Willy and Di posted for us and I think you might like it also.

Rainbow Bridge
Just this side of Heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.
When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.
All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.
They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.
You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.
Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together.

Hunt in Peace Grizz. Ed Auman

Last edited:
Sorry to hear about your loss. Not much one can say, but to enjoy the time they are here. I'm a new chessie owner, and that photo of Grizzly is first class.

God loves a Chessie ...... I'm sure he's up in the happy hunting ground retrieving ducks and loving every minute of it. Sorry for your loss .... be comforted by the memories you shared and the loyalty you two had for one another.

You have my deepest sympathy for the loss of your hunting buddy.
You should make a small print of that picture and keep it in your blind bag for the season. Oddly, it helps ease the loss you're feeling now....

Brian F.

Last edited:
When we lose a friend all we have is memories to cherish and they last forever. Your friend is now at peace. We wish they could last forever but that is not the way. Take care

I'm so sorry for your loss. Grizzly was a very handsome dog who looked like he loved to hunt. If there is a God and I believe there is, then we will be reunited with these wonderful animals that loved us so much and gave us so much of their lives, anything else would be so unfair, and I don't believe God is unfair.

Jeeze Phil im sorry to hear of your great loss today,know this and remember everytime you hear wings just before the break of dawn Grizz will be there watching and waiting with you ,everytime from now on he will be there to help ya out huntin buddies for ever ,and know this he has the bestest dam spot for burds already picked out for when ya join him..

shermie

Back