Hunting Statistics

Hi everyone;

I working at getting some financing in place for my sea duck hunting business on East Ironbound Island.

It seems that finding statistics on the value of hunting is like pulling teeth. I'm not sure such a thing exists in Nova Scotia ...... Tourism Department doesn't keep such numbers as its `consumptive tourism' and Natural Resources doesn't seem to have anything easily found (and I work there).

I'm looking for some US numbers, e.g. value of hunting to the US economy, dollars spent by US hunters, what ever ...the bankers want this stuff.

Anybody from Canada have these types of numbers at their finger tips, e.g. economic impact of hunting?

If anyone has this stuff available or a reference where I can get it, it would be appreciated.

Return e-mail to philipfinck@eastlink.ca

PS East Ironbound Island Excursions Inc. will be open for sea duck tub hunting this fall so if anyone wants a brochure let me know.

Hey Phillip:
Have you tried the Ontario Federation of Anglers and Hunters. They put out a great mag and usually have some stats. Let me know if you have problems getting to them (if you wish) and I'll see what I can do.
Regards
Ron

Philip,

Get in contact with your local Ducks Unlimited representitive. The organization uses a lot of data to lobby new policies - economics being a big one.

Back