I got robbed

Huntindave McCann said:
Thanks guys, I think, oh I'm feeling the love from the page alright, love but no respect.

Ed,
Thought about you as I drove by on the way home. I no longer have your phone number so couldn't give you a call. I'm sure I was within 10 minutes of your home, had to be.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Now that I think about it you were within 10 minutes of me as you crossed the Mississippi on Interstate 80......coming and going. I'll PM you my phone number so there will be no excuse when you bring that new boat over to Pool 13.

Did you go to Ct to drop off some spinners at Tod's house

I remember in 1970 the Port Authority bridges and tunnels were 50 cents, now it's around $7.00 or $8.00

Last edited:
Using the words of an infamous person on this pads - PICTURES!!!!! I’m sure they are on the assorted page but this was before you owned her. This could all be hogwasnfor all I know.

Mark

Mark W said:
Using the words of an infamous person on this pads - PICTURES!!!!! I’m sure they are on the assorted page but this was before you owned her. This could all be hogwasnfor all I know.

Mark

Pictures? the guy at the toll booth wasn't that cute,,,,,,,,,,,,,,neither were the gals come to think of it.
It never occurred to me that you, Mark, would want pictures.

I do have one photo to prove to my wife that she can still get to the back door of the house.
I told her, the closer she parks to the street, reduces the distance she has to back up.

View attachment 20171108_094457.jpg

For comparison;
The angle of the photo distorts the perspective a bit. The two boats are not lined up nose to nose.
The BBIII is 8 inches longer and 12 inches wider than the Chuck Huff.
View attachment 20171108_155231.jpg

Last edited:
What he should have done is to wait a week or two and then come Brant and seaduck hunting with me, but hey.

I used to drive from Buffalo, NY to Avon, CT to see my son at school and the tolls were $30.00 roundtrip just in NY.

kjladd1 said:
I used to drive from Buffalo, NY to Avon, CT to see my son at school and the tolls were $30.00 roundtrip just in NY.

I hope your son reimbursed you after he graduated. That was the agreement, right? [laugh]

Huntindave McCann said:
kjladd1 said:

I hope your son reimbursed you after he graduated. That was the agreement, right? [laugh]
I'm waiting to be reimbursed for a lot of expenses from him.

I travel from NJ to Boston every Sunday night and pay almost $40.00 one way. When I come home on Friday I only pay about $15.00. Dam New Jersey Turnpike!

Ron Schuna said:
So..........How does the boat handle for you?
Don't know, got it home, took the motor off and put everything away in storage for the winter. I have some fiberglassing to do, before I can try it out in the spring.

Bill Clark said:
You mean you're not going to hunt it this year[w00t] bummer.

That would be the case. On top of that, right now I'm not doing anything that can't be done using a pair of crutches. My arthritis in my left ankle has flared up and I am unable to put any weight at all on it. Yesterday I was chasing squirrels and trout. Today I'm watching Jeopardy. [frown]

Sorry to hear about your use of crutches, sure makes it difficult to handle a shotgun in the brush. May i suggest a "Judge .410 revolver" you do quick draw don't you?
That Arthur Ritis is a mean dude, he visits me uninvited i might add.
Perhaps a shot of 90% Wild Turkey will help[;)].

Ditto what Tod said. Lot's of CT guys who would have shared a sandwich with you or a hunt. Did Daryl have anything hanging in the garage? Meet his wife Holly? Is he still building his airplane?

Looks like you need a bigger driveway and I think we can start addressing you as Lord of the Iowa Fleet.

Back