I quit,,,,,,,,,, I'm done,,,,,,,,,,,, not going to take it anymore,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Congratulations Dave. What a milestone.

I'm 7 months away from having "my numbers". Was considering working for a little while after that but as I sit here fishing of the dock and watching the world come to life, those 7 months are going to seem like 7 years.

Best description I have heard about retirement is that Sunday night is now like every other night. I'm thinking no truer words have been spoken.

Once again Dave - congrats on the retirement. You've earned it. Enjoy every second.

Mark

Congrats Dave, I avoid weekends/holidays even monday and fridays in some instances, unless the weather is just right.
Getting a pointer and hunting pheasant releases has been great for rufus and me.
Enjoy,time waits for no man.

Congrats Dave...Enjoy your new found free time and decision making. I'm sure that will be tough. I only have a couple more decades to go...Ugh!

So happy for you Dave! Enjoy those heavy decisions about what to do each day....or what not to do....maybe sleep in if you feel like sleeping in!

Congratulations!!!! Enjoy retirement....I only have about a bajillion years left to go but oh well....

Dave, congratulations, hunting at a more leisurely pace is much more enjoyable, as you will now discover!

Don't miss playing "bumper boats" with twenty-plus foot hulls with half-drunk weekend skippers either!

Just back from a trek through the Catskills last week. Glad to see this!!! Congrats, Dave, and welcome [laugh]

Just for you Dave:

The Peace of Wild Things
BY WENDELL BERRY
When despair for the world grows in me
and I wake in the night at the least sound
in fear of what my life and my children's lives may be,
I go and lie down where the wood drake
rests in his beauty on the water, and the great heron feeds.
I come into the peace of wild things
who do not tax their lives with forethought
of grief. I come into the presence of still water.
And I feel above me the day-blind stars
waiting with their light. For a time
I rest in the grace of the world, and am free.

View attachment IMGP9128.JPG

View attachment IMGP9198.JPGView attachment IMGP9142.JPG

Back