Im giving in....it's time for a sneakbox

I gun out of a Bob Frick BBSB, 12 ft. 9hp . I gun the Lower Chesapeake, it fast enough and rides The Sound very well. The speed is not a big factor because the water will determine you speed. There is seldom a day that's good for gunning that will let you use all your hp. Good luck . Cheers, FRITZ.

I have a 12' duckwater. It is best for one hunter, dog and gear. I use in marsh (no open water) and like as bottom pulls over the dike rollers nicely. With two or three hunters tow gear in a Ducker to safely get to blind.View attachment IMG_4856.jpg

Thank you to everyone for the input. Unfortunately this thread has made my decision harder, not easier!

There's simply too many options...

Blake, if you are looking for a displacement hull you can do no better than an Estuary!! These boats are a work of art. David Clark is a top rate boat builder. I had to sell mine due to health reasons with much dismay. If you can find one of his boats you would be proud to own. All the Estuary boats are Coast Guard certified. Just another avenue to go.View attachment F08B136B-7645-4D2A-B542-05E118226785.jpeg

Blake Heller said:
Thank you to everyone for the input. Unfortunately this thread has made my decision harder, not easier!

There's simply too many options...

HAHAHAHA there is NO one duck boat that does it all no matter what anyone tells you

Last edited:
Back