Its Spring, and I don't like fishing.

great fun topic. I have to say if I had to choose one, I would go with fly fishing, because I could do it for 2/3's of the year instead of a couple of months. Not that I would like to give up either one. I only really hunt ducks anymore, which is really the best hunting there is........

Tom Pink's brother-law is the owner of the cabin we used to rent on Neebish Island, below the Rock Cut. Lake State shafted Tom...pretty sad behavior! I know Tom through my hunting partner, Steve Lewis. I would love to pick that cabin up; great location, in need of some TLC and organization. If you think it was crazy on the opener in the years you hunted over there, the church camp was purchased by the State and is now a MDNR managed boat ramp. My original hunting partner was an attorney in the Sault that was a member of the Merganser Club, the Army Corps of Engineers quarters barge moored on the cut up on Fowlers Bay.

RLLigman said:
Dani, that is one beautiful redfish! Did you eat it or mount it?

Neither actually. She was tagged and released. In FL you cannot keep a redfish over 27?. But they are so much fun to fish for when the bulls are in the river that it is worth going fishing for. Love the fall bull redfish runs.

Huntindave McCann said:
Kyle,

This is exactly why this forum is such a really really nice place to gather and discuss a wide array of topics.. The folks here are very tolerant of others choices and opinions. In this particular case you are certainly well within your right to be wrong,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, and I shall defend your right to be wrong, should anyone here say otherwise.

BTW, I have an open seat in my boat tomorrow if you care to join me. [whistle] [angelic][angelic]

Dave,

I'm happy to be wrong. Thank you for defending my right to be wrong. I'll pass on the seat in your boat this time. I'm gearing up for archery turkey opener this coming weekend and beyond, then its FIRE SEASON which keeps me plenty busy right up until I leave for Saskatchewan.

Back